300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

my build check it out

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Über User

wait wait wait, i forgot, were you using nitrous on a computer seting until you reach boost? or during boost? if its until boost, i guess its cool, but still, id do you really want to have the option to you use nitrous so liesuraly, i just think the temptation will get to you and you'll start to over use it.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
i think it would be pointless to use it on teh streets. its for your own good. less abuse on the engine when your driving it ont eh streets, less temtations to wanna race on teh streets. you should make a pump gas tune, a race gas tune (when nitrous is empty or w.e) and then a race gas and nitrous tune. why would you really need all 4? youd just be keeping your self out of trouble, and putting less abuse on your engine.
point taken but how do you know if i was road racing on atrack and that i didnt want to spend a fortune on vp c16 race fuel to run around the track? but wanted and extra boost?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Über User

cause if your road racing you porlly wouldnt be using the nitrous either... just not something ive seen in to many cars other than drag and a few drift cars.... and hill climb buggies. lol
Old 03-11-2007, 11:02 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Old 03-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Banned

wait wait wait, i forgot, were you using nitrous on a computer seting until you reach boost? or during boost? if its until boost, i guess its cool, but still, id do you really want to have the option to you use nitrous so liesuraly, i just think the temptation will get to you and you'll start to over use it.
its tuned for boost for a spool up for street i was thinkng and on drag all the way to redline in 2nd 3rd and forth gear.. also the street setup is untill 10 or 12 psi
Old 03-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by entropy31
danger to my manifold? wat from to much boost or nitrous and boost? i did port my manfolds out bigger. do you no the required thickness for aluminum that you need to withstand 40 psi or more even tho im not going that high just to be safe
Old 03-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Banned

ok guys I really want to gear my car differntly I know this is and expensive thought. but its something i can benfit majorly at the track and stuff. so ill explain the speed a t each gear and you guys can tell me what you think it will help or hurt as in perforamce.
this set of speeds in each gaer are at 7500 redline and n/a rear end and manual trans ratio.

1st gear is 42
2nd gear is 70
3rd gear is 104
4th gear is 135
5th gear is 179

now the upraded parts. there are many ways I can go with this, I can change the rear end ratio up higher like a 4.57 or even higher, loose some top speed(like ill ever go past 160 any way.) I have a place that can custom make me ring and pinion gears. also I could do the rear end and the transmission to os gilkin trans gears ether 1,2,3,5 or I can not buy 5 gears, but you always keep the same 1.00 ratio on fourth. Ill give you the speeds at all the setups Im thinking of. also the forth gear tops out on this at 121, iIm not sure if Im guna have to shift after that hopfully ill flying fast b4 I have ot shift to 5th, I might lower that ratio ill give couple options.

Here is 4.57 rear and stock tranny,
1st 37
2nd 63
3rd 93
4th 121
5th 160
now lowered to 4.33 ratio
1st 40
2nd 66
3rd 98
4th 127
5th 169
now lowered to 4.25 ratio
1st 40
2nd 67
3rd 100
4th 130
5th 172

ok guys now for all those ratios with my trans upgraded trans with stock ration and further
with stock 4.08 and upgraded tranny
1st 50
2nd 79
3rd 109
4th 135
5th 163 look above for stock speed and tranny at each ratio^
now with 4.57 rear and custom tranny
1st 45
2nd 71
3rd 97
4th 121
5th 146 same here also ^
now with 4.33 and custom tranny
1st 47
2nd 75
3rd 103
4th 127
5th 154, with stock 5 gear look above^ you can choose ether or with custom tranny
now with 4.25 and custom tranny
1st 48
2nd 76
3rd 105
4th 130
5th 157 same with this fitth also

I can get the custom tranny with out fith gear if I want to keep the speed at that gear with my selected rear end ratio. my opioun is I like 4.33 rear and custom tranny and the new 5th gear. im guna road race and drag it so I was favoring both a little. I dont care if I loose a little eta's on the strip as long as i rip up the road course. but ov course those speeds still look like I be plenty fast at the strip. I ask one think please don't ask me why I want to spend the cash for this custom when i can have the good old faithful tranny already. but I desire custom setup because im a custom type person, and my z deserves soem custom stuff to make it fast lol, I want opiouns on the best setup from what im shown here thanks guys I hpe its all ledgible.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:47 AM
caught the z fever

why cant you just stay with the 4.08 rear?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Über User

thats what i was thinkin^^^ its pretty decent gearing for what you seem to be going for. its about right in the middle of everything you listed/seem to be going.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Banned

thats what i was thinkin^^^ its pretty decent gearing for what you seem to be going for. its about right in the middle of everything you listed/seem to be going.
Originally Posted by b300z
why cant you just stay with the 4.08 rear?
well i want less turbo lag, when you go to bigger ratio you lose lag because of the aceleration thur the gear. i also want to not have to shift so many times when road racing i like how it is with the upgraded tranny ration and that one rear end, you get more speed at of first almost 60 mph witch would be sweet, and also my gears will be spread out so at certain speeds driving ill be lower rpms . theres are tons of reasons why ,how bout keep the rear and do the tranny? I realy like the close ratio tranny gears
Old 03-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Über User

i thought nitrous was yoru turbo lag fix. idk, i just dont see it worth the money for that little difference...
Old 03-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Banned

i thought nitrous was yoru turbo lag fix. idk, i just dont see it worth the money for that little difference...
nitrous is my lag fix. there will always be lag geared or not. i figure gear with out nitrous less lag, less tempted to spray less likly to hurt somthing, better take off and more street fun with the turbo size i went with.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:47 PM

The term overkill comes to mind here. How often is this really going to be an issue. No lag....very, very little lag, very little lag, little lag.....will you really be able to tell?
Old 03-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Über User

plus.... your really only truly going to encounter lag in 1st gear. i think nitrous should be enough... but its your money i spose
Old 03-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
The term overkill comes to mind here. How often is this really going to be an issue. No lag....very, very little lag, very little lag, little lag.....will you really be able to tell?
well if I gear the rear end differntly the because of the agrresive ratio, it will cause tyo to have better response in the lag in, increased response because of and agressive rear end , results in better eta times. less lag because of the agresive ratio in the rear causes you less lag beacause of how fast you can axcel thur a gear. better for street use when I picked one of the biggest turbo's. I want to make my car fast like I bought a set of the 510 or 525 turbo kits wqith alsome spool up. so im achieving that by dothing the following, wraping headers,downpipes the super spilt desighn, sutom cast iron manfolds, also polished the inside for even more flow by me, im wraping my turbos manfolds, and a protective wrap on my intake tract piping, custome 65 or 70 mill piping im going ot make. along with modified hks intercoolers, I decided not ot go with ashes masive, I was going to design a better intercooler custom made. my hole engine im going full stainless steel hose,gas,coolant,and custom stainless vac lines with ether chrome or anidized fitings on everthing. my wires are all hidden, fuse box relocated both by the battery and on the right sode main panel. the steering res is moved the batter in the trunk, I removed the battery holder for the aditional snow water injection/greddy oil flow tank and custom breather with no pcv valves, and presurized overflow tank for the radiator. and aditional knock sensor for protectinop and can be listenened to on head phones and monitored. my masster cliylinders for clutch an brakes are polisahed with chrome caps dip sticks and chromed master clinder bleader hose for clutch polished plenum, chorme water pipes,full custom exHAUST 3 icn each side custom x pipes with high flow mattlllic bats b3 icnh in out(rewmovable) alonge with electric cutouts, full welded no gaskets exept for the remove of cats and frome down pipes. I got 3 incxh in 4 inch out labree universal mufflers. I have hks triple gd multi plate clutch shifter bushings. also for lag I wanted twin for quad chillers for cryo2 and have nitrous for spraying,also have water ijnection., 1 piece shaft, light waght rear end gear if i would like along with differnt ratio, this bad boy is maxed out my is not my problem. my car is kinda of addiction. but in the end you still have what you spent. and i enjoy it. I put hard wrok well earned time in to it and it amkes me feel good to do it all my self i love the car. I like to have full custom no matter of price i want it to be pricless when im done. there are aprobly better cars out there but the love i got for my Z is crazy i cant stop i love my car and just want to keep going more till i fell the need to stop.

the stuff listed is stuff to help lab with out nitrous withc i want any way . i am using a spool up shot and a big shot for track. it will help for both uses. with the steup like that no lag is almost possible with the turbo size i got but if i go do gears and wrap all taht stuff and polisn etc. i guna have no response,respnse and nitrous even better y lose out . yes nitrous can help but would you rather get there so quik any way thewn nitrous kicks in and woooom you gone!!! fire like a bullet. i cant help my self i like to make it all custom to what i can do my self withc is plenty, and im not guna stop any time soon, so hope you guys are around to keep seeing progresse in my dream car!!

Last edited by Boosted Z; 03-14-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Banned

ok then how bout a keep the rear i guess your right its decent. but how bout the tranny should i just do the 3 gears or 5th gear to? i never going to go above 160 and that is going to make 5 super fast to change it hmmm. seems tempting i deffently want to do it ahh....
Old 03-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Über User

why dont.... you just get the car running the way you want drive it and then see if you really want to do this? try it out before you replace it yah know?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Banned

why dont.... you just get the car running the way you want drive it and then see if you really want to do this? try it out before you replace it yah know?
well i did try it out, already i did have a turbo motor before hand and i new how it pulled with that motor. i felt it was not a enough speed in each gear wit the power taht ill ahve i figure more speed in a gear faster because the horsepower wont strugle to get to the speed. i was flieing thur gears and felt like if i could get 60 out of first it would ber a rocket ship
Old 03-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Über User

but with an N/A rear end?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Banned

but with an N/A rear end?
yes with the n/a rear end. i never owned a turbo car. i have a 2+2 n/a blew that motor(spun a bearing) took it aprat at 180 tho put it away. bought a clip did a swap with all my goodies i had at the time doolz rps etc. i had problem with the jdm blew it up a nother bearing. took that apart now did a full build to ensure the engine is done to perfection for longevity of the engine. so i made sure citical steps where taken to make sure everything is perfect. i want it to me right know screw ups no detail missed. no point of integraty of the engine was surpassed. its bin a year and a half and there had bin splenty of thinking with my my Z. i want custom but still a vg30tt. its awsome powerplant and i want to make it fully custom to what i would like yah no? iv learned a hell of a lot on my car and cant stop now lol! i might not have the mopst custom z but i want to have something that repesents its self just at looks sound and macanics of the car. i cant help it i just want to keep going till theres nothing left to do lol i love my Z! F*cking sweet a$$ car. as soon as i got it i was hooked. there was no stoping me lol
Old 03-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Banned

ok guys I decided im going to break in my car stock tranny. im going to build a another tranny I got laying around with different gears. then ill have 2 trans with different ratio's. im going to be build a none legal road racing z with the n/a 2 seat I got chilling at my house so when I get that done ill have 2 trans different ratio's and I can swap for what ever im going to be doing. I think that sounds good. now Im going to be doing some custom intake system I got 60 mill throttle bodies coming and im making 2.5 inch intake and custom intercoolers. I’m designing the intercoolers to be some what front mount and a V pattern with the oil cool where the smics go. I going to remove my doolz and save it for my road race car next. what im doing is going off the intake on the compressor side of turbo and run custom pipes to mas then filter ether right below the heads or under engine bay with custom air flow ducts. by doing this will eliminate the metal pipes that go to the dools then have room for my custom intake pipes from my intercoolers that im going to build right to the throttle body. so technically it still smic because its not one big intercooler. so im making the pipe system shorter and more efficient by the design im doing. I designed it my my AutoCAD program I have. its killer. now I just want to decide how big of a intercooler core I want for each side. im trying to figure what CFM I need for each turbo. maybe some one can give me some ideas. bell intercooler sells cores and end tanks here’s a link

http://www.bellintercoolers.com/pages/AACore.html. maybe some one can help me the I can go 15 3/4 inch’s length ways for each cooler then 10.25 inches in height and whatever core depth I want I I go with that size cooler in 4.5 core size it would flow 741 cfm 1 psi pressure drop. what do you guys think? to big the charge face is 45.45 square inches and the the air face is 160 square inches. that looks awesome. that is the size cooler I was thinking per turbo. eventually im going to go bigger on the turbos and get over 800 on turbo alone. let me no what you think at that cfm and only 1 psi presure drop is effenecnt anuf I think
Old 04-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Banned

ok guy sorry i havent bin around in long time. kinda got screwed up in some issues. i still ahvent recieved my heads awaiting them. i disasebled my turbos and polished the insides of the housings to increase response. i did the same to my mani's. i bought nitrous prergresive controler the maximizer 2. i got snow water injection kit and i got custom 60 mill throttle bodys.custom 3 inch exhaust. i ran 3/8 alum fuel lines custom bent right to my fuel filter and regulator. i did a seprate 1 gallon alum tank for my nitrous system with c 16 gas. tsunmi pump. custom black an fittings. all ss line for my vacum lines and custom clamps to finsh the touch. im going to upload my pictures shortly im guna do a couple posts of the pictures
Attached Thumbnails my build check it out-center-section.jpg   my build check it out-compresor-side.jpg   my build check it out-compresor-side2.jpg   my build check it out-compressor-face.jpg   my build check it out-turbine.jpg  

Old 04-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Banned

here are more pictures
Attached Thumbnails my build check it out-turbine-housing.jpg   my build check it out-turbine-side.jpg   my build check it out-turbo-turbine-side.jpg   my build check it out-max.jpg   my build check it out-harness.jpg  

Old 04-18-2007, 08:26 PM

I think that's the smartest thing I've seen you write....congrats snw.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
I think that's the smartest thing I've seen you write....congrats snw.
i love how no one chats about anything i talk about any more but comment others. id love opiouns and stuff but no one can say what up oh how bout this maybe that what the hell?

Quick Reply: my build check it out