300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Opinions..

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 05:55 PM

ok another question i need replies here ....

ive looked at hes throw out sleeve...not the bearing but the sleeve that goes on the tranny shaft...well when i put it in the fork...i try turn it one way and it clears the fork barely...so im afraid it might catch and spin on him and throw the clip out and he wont be able to shift....these arent suppose to move in the fork right?? i know when i did my 280zx it was tight in there and you couldnt spin it...
what is the fastest place i can get one from? i will try our dealer here tomorrow but i would like your imput on this...

thanks a bunch
Old 07-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Jack Of All Trades

On the torques, if there isn't a specific torque called out in a repair section then go to the front of the manual, Sectiom GI, and use those torque values. If you only have a nut, with no 4T, 7T or 9T, assume that it's a grade 4T. Most bolts will have the grade marked on the head. If there's no marking, assume grade 4T. Keep in mind too, that the bolt size (diameter) is what is called out, not the hex head size. Most of the time you can figure that the bolt size is 2mm smaller than the hex size, ie:a bolt with a 12mm hex head is a 10mm bolt. Most of the thread pitches are 1.25, but not all. The pitch will be the number of threads per bolt revolution.

on the sleeve, I have no clue...........
Old 07-11-2005, 06:59 PM

ok thanks...i went to nissan and ordered a sleeve...they said there was only on and it was in toronto so they will have it here wednesday if nobody gets it SO NONE OF YOUSE BETTER TOUCH IT, it was 30 dollars which is to my suprise cheap......then i gotta wait for the pipes and this baby will be back in action...

Last edited by Skully; 05-27-2006 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:44 PM

ok update...i got all my parts in...now i will proceed to put it all back in if i remember where everything goes :P kidding...thanks for all your help..i really appreciate it...and ill probably have some trouble puttin the stuff back in so ill be back....
THANKS!

i always tought you 300zx guys were kinda snobby towars the younger gen Z's at least from my experience with my 280zx...but...you have proven it to be a lie...you guys rock...DANKE!
Old 07-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by Skully
....... i always tought you 300zx guys were kinda snobby towars the younger gen Z's at least from my experience with my 280zx...but...you have proven it to be a lie...you guys rock...DANKE!
To me anybody with Z shares the passion for the car. Most people aren't buying z'S cuz they're super reliable, easy to work on and get good gas mileage. There's more to it. I'd try to help you out even if you were trying to fix a yugo.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:16 PM

speaking of yugo's...yes ive fixed those too!! hahah ahh good ol'e bosnia...anyways...
im jus yankin yer chain like i said you guys rock and or roll...
Old 07-15-2005, 08:20 PM

i know im the only one posting here now but eh if one of youse reads it I AM DONE!!!!

tranny is in, went smooth as hell with a modified jack...i took 3 2x4's...screwed 2 onto one to create a cradle...then took that pivot out on top of the jack arm...the one that turns in circles....put a bolt trough the 2x4 and where that pivot was and jacked the tranny SO EASY!!!...went in first try...

oh you guys...i would get downpipes just for sheer space ...i had so much room with the divorced flange DP that i could get to the top bolts on the tranny with my hands and a small ratchet and do them up...

what ive done to my brothers car...for free, well its in my possesion for another 2 months...muahha

DP's are in, Test pipes are in, new oil in tranny, new oil in diffy, new clutch + pressure plate, resurfaced flywheel, new throwout sleeve+ bearing, all 4 slotted+crossdrilled rotors with new pads, SS lines...i think thats it...ah....good stuff...

now i gotta go take it for a drive and see if clutch needs adjustment...and if nothing is leaking she is good to go....
THANKS TO ALL!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Jack Of All Trades

Great job......... again, what are brothers for? You get to drive that car for two months........ that'll be zweet.

I like your idea for the tranny jack. I'll be doing that within the next few months.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Dan's the Man

Okay Skully. It's been an hour. Where's the update. How did the "test drive" go?
Don't tell us you haven't taken her out yet!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:24 PM

Either he's still driving it or he luck like mine and he's waiting for the flatbed to get there.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:33 PM

hahah...no...i didnt go....i know im nuts!!! but its super late here and i cant see anything...i want it to be daylight so i can see the trail of oil behind...ill let you guys know tomorrow when i get up...

right now i showered and have 2 beer on left and 2 beer on the right of me to polish off....

ill let ya know 2morrow mornin....
w000t!!

yeah the tranny jack worked wonders...just rig something up to basket the tranny and you will be golden!!
Old 07-16-2005, 09:26 AM

FUZZ!!!

i tried to go for a drive...i dunno how to disable hes alarm...hes got an alpine unit and it doesnt respond now...so i try to start the car and it wont let me...shuts it off right away...and lucky thing is he doesnt have a manual for the unit or nothing...and he forgot how to do it too..what a knuckle head...

ANY IDEAS??? please im so damn close...

did i forget to hook something up???? it turns but wont start....the console lights come on for a split second and shut off...is it something else???

Last edited by Skully; 07-16-2005 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:40 AM

ok ive figured out the alarm...ive disabled it...but it just turns over and wont start??? what did i forget to hook up....i have no clue...evrything is on there...the tach isnt jumping when i try to start it...
Old 07-16-2005, 11:52 AM

ok ok ok here is the summary...

i chirp hes alpine alarm off....the SECURITY is still flashing...if i put the key in...and go to ignition...the lights come on for about 2 seconds no more... and then everything shuts off...car turns over but wont start...

IF i insert the key fast and turn it to start...the car will start up for a second and then something kills everything again....the SECURITY flashes as i try to start it...

im so lost...

i even try rolling down my window...i only can roll it down for a split second when the dash lights are on and when they go off...no power...

Last edited by Skully; 07-16-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:05 PM
caught the z fever

wheres the brain at?
it might have a reset button with it
is it hooked directly to the battery? try taking the power and ground cables off
Old 07-16-2005, 01:26 PM

i did a few times i took off the cables...and still i get all power for about 2 seconds...it must be some safety crap or diagnostic mode or something because the cables that i took off are all hooked back up

ill go check the comp if it has a reset...

Last edited by Skully; 07-16-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:21 PM

no there is no reset of any kind or anything...i dont know what the hell is wrong...it pisses me off because i get power for like 2 seconds and then nothing...
Old 07-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Jack Of All Trades

maybe try www.alpine.com............
Old 07-16-2005, 03:07 PM

NO NO I GOT IT

hes turbo time is screwing up and thinks its on and set to 0 so as soon as i turn the car on...the thing shuts it off...haha...so i gotta reset that now...eekk. ill brb@@@

i cant reset the fkin thing...it engages as soon as i turn on the ignition and kills the car when i start it!@!! GAH@!@ i hate goodies and gadgets...when i get my 280zxturbo going ill SIT in the car and wait....

Last edited by Skully; 07-16-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by DanZ32
Neglected. Not from a malicious stand point. AMZ (Mitch) is not as widely known or have the same reputation as someone like COZ on this forum.

As more people like yourself come on and offer assistance and suggest the likes of AMZ, people will use him more and his reputation will begin to develop with members within this forum.

I do agree that Mitch has a good thing going. I myself ordered my headers from AMZ and was pleased with the product, price and the service.
i also ordered AMZ headers for my 93 NA convertible and was extremely happy with both the cost and the service. the installation, on the other hand was a bitch!