300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Over It!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Doesn't post much...

Over It!!!!!!!!!

OK, so my lovely new Z32 has not moved from the spot I parked it in the night I brought it home 3 weeks ago. As it appears at the moment... It's going to be there a lot longer. Between the factoy alarm and the aftermarket alarm, I don't know WTF?! The night I got it, it took a miracle from a friend who install alarms and systems to get the car started. The guy I picked it up from had no key fob for the aftermarket alarm and the factory one was being obtuse. Somehow he got past them to get it started. I drove it straight home and parked it (Remember the water pump is gonzo and it was overheating big time). In short order the battery in the car died (was dead when I picked it up too and we had to jump it). So I replaced the battery. At that point both alarms went insane. I tried to disable the factory system, but the aftermarket one is wired into it. I hope I didn't fry something. All I know is that the aftermarket cut's fuel and as far as I know, the factory cuts ignition (Spark). Well, I have fuel, it cranks, but no sparkey! I've tried all I can think of to no avail. It's seriously pissing me off! I am way too unfamiliar with this car to f*&K around with it much more than I already have. Of course, there are no aftermarket repair manuals available such as "Chiltons" or "Hayne's" to give me a clue. I have the FSM as a PDF file on my computer, but searching through it is damn nightmare. I'm stumped. I really hope the damn ECU or security module aren't fried. ... ... ... ... Rod.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:58 PM

Do you know what make/model of aftermarket alarm you have?

also, if the aftermarket alarm is tied into the factory alarm, did the key in the passenger door work to disarm? (e.g. close doors, lock from outside with key, then unlock with key), and Ive seen on some posts that theres a little switch under the dash that has to do with the alarm? someone confirm or deny this? I dont recall seeing it in my car though...

and yes the PDF version of the FSM is a pain, I bought a 1990 FSM off ebay so I can work on my car easier... it helps being able to hold the book in ur hand and look at the page then down at what your tryin to work at.

Last edited by Aphrodite; 01-29-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:50 PM

Rod, did you ask your friend?? Maybe he can rip that **** out of there for you
Old 01-29-2006, 10:23 PM
F5 Hero

I feel your pain, when my car is in "armed mode" you caNNOT unlock the car with the key, the remote MUST be used. If you use the key, it will go off (i'm thinking this is because my aftermarket ISN"T wired into my factory). And the alarm goes off even when you push the "Valet button" and switch and it won't stop. It really sucks, i want to gut it all and put something new in so I won't have to worry about this *****. Ask your friend what he did and get him to get you the hook up on a new viper or something.