300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Update: Rizz, I got another problem with my project Z... Look man

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 03:56 PM

Update: Rizz, I got another problem with my project Z... Look man

Ok, I stepped back and took a long look at my VG30DE, all of the hoses are dry rotted, hoses are torn, brackets are missing, lots of little **** that are going to nickel and dime my *** to death. Give me some ideas on where I should move from here, shoot me at nismolmr@aol.com if u have some ideas, or just list em. I know ur gonna give me 2458562 websites to help me out Rizz , haha, .. Peace
Old 10-26-2003, 03:51 PM

AND yet another problem... I took a peek today at my una-body, the frame is bent by about a 1/8 of an inch in the front, which as you can imagine, is not good for a drift car. BUT solution #1: My buddy (in Japan) has a black Z TT that is being parted out, all that is left is the dash, some interior, steering, and una-body... SOOOO make my car an American JDM type thingy.. What u think, shoot me back, peace
Old 10-28-2003, 10:43 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

LOL LOL LOL LOL

You trip me out. First stop stressin'! Have a cool beverage of your choice and chill!
For all your little hoses and nickel and dime stuff, I have but one website and one alternative to that website. www.courtesyparts.com and/or your local Nissan dealers, I do stress 'dealers'. Keep in mind that different dealers compete with each other for our business, so call up several if you have the option to in your area. You'll find that not every dealer prices parts equally. You're not going to find a better source for oem parts than Nissan. Duh.

What interior parts? Like red stitched stuff? The cool seats? The instrument cluster? That would be cool if you can calculate kmh to mph while you drive. Isn't it ironic that USDM has both measurements and that overseas only has the metric system? Why not just take it to a body shop and have them straighten it? Seems like a lot less work.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:22 AM

HAHA, Thanks a lot Rizz, I have no clue how you come up with all of these websties.... Anways, yea I am pretty sure its not going to be fun to do, but Ill check out that site. Yea the JDM Una-Body is a RHD body. SO I will have a RHD Legal 300ZX, THEN later on down the road, in goes the VQ30DETT (y33 Gloria). Thanks a lot man, shoot me back soon, peace...
Old 10-29-2003, 05:27 PM

unorganized beyond recognition... So what Im still a kid!

Sorry, forgot to tell you the reasoning for my engine selection... Ok, VQ30DETT (:V=Signifies lay-out and form of engine :Q=Series, forth V series engine created behind VE, VC, VG :30=2998cc =Dual cam :E=ECCS {Electronic Concentrate Control System} :TT=Twin Turbocharger (BEST part!) Just thought I would let you know what it stands for, haha. Anyways, I have chosen the VQ30DETT engine due to it is much more efficient than the VG30DETT due to its more modern layout. It also can lay claims to a higher compression, more Ferrari, or exotic sound to it. It can also handle larger turbos, although the ECU is a tad bit harder to modify, it is still a better engine. I am planning to add Skyline GTR Mines N1 turbos to her, after a new oil pump, blah blah blah and all that good stuff. Im hoping to pull out about 650hp, maybe about 600-610bhp. If you can think of a better engine than this, let me know... Although I am consider a VG35DE with a large single turbo kit from UAS. Anyways, shoot me back, peace
Old 10-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

I like your plan.

Not conventional, interesting. I see you like to do things the hard way. Which is fine, if it works. Don't you also have to replace the transmission? I don't think the engine mounts, or transmission mounts are the same either. So it looks like you've got your work cut out for you. Good luck.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:51 PM

O yea deffinately going with a front clip. I can fab up my own mounts, but like I said, this is down the road. I am just tryin to the old VG running so I can get to know the car a bit. Shoot me back man, peace