FS: 240Z,260Z,280Z & 280ZX (70-83) S30 / S130 Cars & Parts

260Z turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Über User

260Z turbo

This is my baby. its a early 260Z with an 82 turbo swaped motor. the car is absolutley rust free since i went through every part (including tearing out EVERY interior piece) grinding away any blemishes/potential blemishes and sealing them. the under body has reinforced frame rails and new floor pans from the PO that was a certified welder and was planning a SBC swap so didnt want any frame twist. not much weight added though just caped some of the rails and added one going across the car on each side. i then started the swap, with all the drivetrain gone i tooke a wire brush and sandpaper along the entire under body cleaned it and sealed it with super chassis sealer which was originally for semi trucks, so its pretty tough needless to say. and with a wipe down it sparkles, clean enough to eat off of. you can get the paint to glow. but the hood has a few stained spots that are somewhat noticable and there are some paint chips and a small surface rust area i fixed by the driver side mirror, so now its a black primer spot about the size of a silver dollar. the car has the 4spd in it but i can toss the 5spd in the back if you wish. the rear nut started to loosen making that whining noise so i remove the 5spd tossed in the 4 and fixed it, never got around to putting it back up. the tach doesnt work, had a like new one put it, worked, then blew i had in the resistor back but not the block so yeah, that was short lived. i'd say time for an autometer one anyways. the amp meter doesnt work and neither does the clock. but everything else is fine. has all new engine/exhaust gaskets except for the head. and still has factory spec comrpession! the interior was being re-worked with all new carpet re-furbashed side panels and new speakers and head unit. has a half dash cap unfortunatly not a full one. really all you would need is to finish up the rear vinyl and seats. some of the exterior seals will need replaced but they dont leak. other than that. the car is perfect. im selling only because im now picking up yet another S30 this one for a stock restoration not a performance one like this and i live in chicago and have no more garage space for it once this happens, i cannot sleep comfortably knowing this car will sit outside in the winter coming up. i will ship, the price is just asking i am negotiable since i dont want the car here once winter comes, and you can come see it or i can send you any of my 100's of pictures i have. the engine is running everything STOCK with a front mount mounted but not plumbed yet. a 3 inch exhaust from half the down pipe all the way back, no cat/resonator only muffler and turbo. sounds very very amazing, not to loud AT ALL and very deep. car runs great you can drive her home if you wanted, but i would only recomend that if you live within 100 miles of me since ive never driven it further than evanston and back, so anything is truly possible as you know with any old car especially with a motor swap but it hasnt given me problems for a while now. i really want this car to go to a good home and you can email or pm me with any other questions. this is a great project for any one that wants a turbo S30 that hasnt been hacked up yet, the car is your canvas. thanks

email me at sky_viper6868@yahoo.com and there is a _ between sky and viper incase you cannot see it.

p.s. the motor came from a car owned by a 30 year old hippie (no joke) woman that barely drove it. had 120k on it. the 260 odometer reads 24k but we all know how true that could be with a 5 digit odemeter.

and it also has a SS clutch line new slave and master for the clutch new fluids every where synthetic Mobil 1 new mobil 1 filter(actually all the fluids are mobil 1) asking 8k :P

e-mail me for more pics... or search this forum for 100+ i posted once.

and i dont really expect anyone from this place to take interest i posted on all the other forums and craigslist but i need exposure