The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

bad luck strikes again

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 11:10 AM
caught the z fever

bad luck strikes again

well, not even a month after i recover from a broken leg, it happens again.
but this time i broke both bones, the tibia and the fibula. there goes sports and scolarships for my senior year. im gonna try to post a pic of the x-ray. it looks pretty sweet. haha anyway. i have to get surgery done, theyre gonna stick a big rod in my tibia to reset it and strengthen it. my doctor said that if the sugery goes good, i wont have to wear a cast and could start putting some weight on it. but i dont know how that will happen, cuz my fibula is in 2 pieces right now, and i can barely even move my toes, let alone my ankle. i dunno. im just hoping that i can drive shortly after.
anyways, on a lighter note, this means that i can start working on my car more. and tommorrow, i will find out if this professional show car guy will help me repaint my car and work on the body.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by b300z
well, not even a month after i recover from a broken leg, it happens again.

Soooo, how did it happen? the 1st and the 2nd time? Football?

We ride off-road motorcycles. My father-in-law would always say those things are dangerous. The worst injury my older son ever had was a badly broken thumb while playing high school football. So after that I'd always say, when the in-laws were around, "damn that footbal is dangerous, you should stick to riding motorcycles".
Old 09-19-2004, 12:46 PM

Damn b300z...why do you let those fools hurt you like that man... Sorry buddy i hope you feel better, we just had our game at noon and i scored a hat-trick (3) goals , and crutchfield takes the win 3-0...i figure i brag a bit
Old 09-19-2004, 03:56 PM
caught the z fever

soccer canyoncarver
well, ya know. i got moved back from forward to sweeper. noone can get by me. but i was also the returning leading goal scorer from last year. back at ya z_wrecker... but both times it was the same situation, just at different sides of the field. the first time i broke my tibia, i was one on one with the goalie, and he decided to kick me. i just walked off the field and found out the next day i broke it. just yesterday, i saved our team from being scored on and the guy who tried to score smoked my leg full power. so i hobbled a couple steps, started yelling and collapsed. i touched me leg and it bent inwards where i broke it. they gave me 5 shots of hard core pain killer stuff in 3 hours, twice as strong as morphene
Old 09-19-2004, 05:44 PM

Damn man...I hope you feel better, and i hope it doesn't hurt too bad. Keep us updated B.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:40 PM

damn dude, that sux....... i guess its cool you get to work on yoru Z tho....... look at it this way.... now there are 3 stroger parts of your long... so your that much less likely to break it again good luck tho bro... hope yoru surgery go's good so you dont need a cast, and hopefully the Z will be hott for when u all healed up...
Old 09-19-2004, 11:23 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

Sounds to me like you should concentrate on cars instead of sports. At least then when you break something, it'll only hurt your wallet.

Get well soon.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:11 AM

2 words....f**king ouch! Good luck with the surgery and rehab.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:55 AM
caught the z fever

thanks guys. lots of help from my gf too, it makes me feel all warm inside
uhh well i think surgery is wednesday. cant wait to get knocked out again
my parents made me go to school today. im fallin asleep in every class

id like to concentrate on my car, but i just lost my job again cuz of my stupid leg.
i think i need someone to be my butler now since i can barely move....z_wrecker or 91... you can come help me with my car too.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:04 PM
Ruined By Spudz

yah i just got out of a car wreck July 2nd..dam street racing i broke my femur and humorus (thigh and upper arm) arm heeled nicley but i am still waiting on my dam leg to heal..i feel for ya man ive was in a wheelchair for 2 months now crutches for 2..i can put 85% of my weight on it but still another month to go hehe
Old 09-23-2004, 01:36 PM
caught the z fever

well guys, im back. surgery went pretty good
but id have to say how much i hurt on a scale of 1 to pain, it was defiantely painfulllll
i went through 80 mgs of morphene and a little bit of this other crap in half a day. during the night i had to go **** every hour cuz of the iv so i didnt get too good of a sleep.
truthfully i didnt want to leave the hospital cuz it was so comfortable, but owell now i get to chill at home for a while.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Ruined By Spudz

yah when i got in my wreck, i had a cathader..lol no f@#$in fun

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 09-24-2004 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:46 PM

LOL them Bikes are dangerous.....ive messed myself up on them a couple of times now..........When i was 5 i got a 4th degree burn ( yes i know they normaly stop at 3) on my ankle on a street bike.......it went through my high top shoe, sock, flesh and 1/16 inch of bone........nasty friction burn. Sept. 10, 2001 slid my cousins Yz 250 around a burm little bit harder than i thought broke my leg in 5 places. Ankle joint in half, 1/2 inch about the ankle in the fibula, segmented the tibia....(floating bones look cool) and fractured the fibula about 4 inches higher. That was a full leg cast and wheel chair for 2 weeks crutches for 4. Just this past june flipped a quad broke my colar bone in 3 places.......God i love riding though hahahaha.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Ruined By Spudz

haha yah before this i broke my wrist when i was 2, then broke my fibula when i was 7...dam rollerblading lol...then broken shoulder, broken ankle twice from skating, then i did some stuff to my back..then i went a long time without injuries then this lol but oh well what doesnt kill you makes you stronger..
Old 09-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

I've never broken a bone.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Jack Of All Trades

I've only broken one bone , bad enough to go to the doctor, once when I was 10 or so, it was sticking out of the skin. I've broken fingers, toes, foot and ribs but I just let them heal on their own. I probably should have gone to the doctor for my big toe one time, it's kinda tweaked now.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Ruined By Spudz

Now doesn't Rizz always have to be the showoff..lol..
Old 09-29-2004, 11:51 AM
caught the z fever

i hate you rizz
Old 09-29-2004, 03:19 PM

Hate is such a strong word. This thread kinda makes me think of a milk commercial. Helps build strong bones.

When are you gonna want to get thhose subframe spacers. I have a front strut bar that I bought off of ebay a long time ago that of course doesn't fit on the TT (******** on ebay made it look like it fits the TT). I was going to modify it, but I've decided that I'd rathing just buy a carbing strut bar. I'll work out a deal wit you on that.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:24 PM
caught the z fever

uhhh
ok ok first of all...im sorry rizz...but thats just not fair

and 91, my check was 57 bucks, so uhhh yea, not too much longer, probably a week. tell me some more about the strut bar. its doing the same as the subframe spacers isnt it, but in the front
Old 10-01-2004, 10:31 AM

No, the strut bar is even easier to install. All you do is remove the bolts that hold the front sruts in at the top (2 on each side). Place the strut bar in place and reattach the bolts. It helps increase the structural rigidity of the front end. It helps prevent the strut towers from flexing. The subframe spacers are installed underneath the rear end. they do different thing. You don't experience wheel hop in the front end and don't have issues with a floating subframe in the front. There is a rear strut bar that you can buy as well. I don't have one of those tho.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:43 AM
caught the z fever

i know what a strut bar is, and i know there is no front wheel hop. jeeez
i just had a momentary lapse of stupidity
anyways how much would that cost me?
and could you post a pic of it?

Last edited by b300z; 10-01-2004 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:53 AM
caught the z fever

wow, for a minute i thought off topic had disappeared again.
anyways 91zxtt....
happy b-day
and what about the pics and prices??????
im interested
Old 10-03-2004, 01:25 PM

Today is your bday happy bday
Old 10-04-2004, 10:16 AM

Thanks guys. I'm at the ripe old age of 28.

I'll post pics tomorrow, if I remember, since the parts are at the 'rents and my picture is at home. Dad has a digital cam, but it was one of the 1st ever made, so the photo quality is awful. I figure $85 total for the spacers and strut bar. I'll pay shipping (UPS). It didn't cost me much on ebay. Mom just wants me to get rid of it because it's cluttering up the garage.

Quick Reply: bad luck strikes again