The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

gas price

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
3.99/gal for Z gas in point loma---at one of the lless expensive staTIONS....so, i dunno if i can go to msa this year.....50$ now =20 dolla when i made real money........oh, well.........
Old 04-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Über User

3.40 for me bitches!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Pr0n Addict

'bout the same here. i've been going with mid grade once in a while. i see no difference
Old 04-14-2008, 07:28 PM

$3.25- $3.75 in Medford OR. Not all that bad...
Old 04-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Hoov for Pres!

Angry

I got back on two wheels. Still premium gas, but at 45mpg, it's better. And still a lot faster than the Z, and most Z's I know of. But, it's going to be hot, and 120 degrees in the shade does not make for optimal riding conditions on the asphalt.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:00 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Like $3.27 here for regular grade..And that is Chevron..only fuel I put in...Mainly because of the card I have..And that it is good gas..heh heh
Old 04-14-2008, 09:06 PM
West Coast!

Originally Posted by hoov100
TOF when i said only gas station gas should go in that i meant anything except like circle k and 7-11 gas, that and avoid those mom and pop gas stations. unless you are three hundred miles in the arizona desert and are running on fumes, been their done that it sucks...
i use only shell premium!!! just to let you know forrest!
Old 04-14-2008, 11:47 PM
eff good grammar

you only use shell preimum because you like throwing money away.
i only use what ever is freakin cheapest, and suprisingly its 10% eathanol (or how ever its spelt)

i dont know if the state thinks is trying to save us money or help the enviorment or what but thats about 10% more we have to burn to go the same distance. it also gives the oil comanies an out to say "oh wel we gotta add 10% of '****' to this gas for this state so its going to cost alot freakin more!"

that last part hasnt hit but it will soon and when it does expect to see a flaming copper colored ZX flying into a local distributer.....mabe i'll use the maxima instead, I DONT KNOW!
Old 04-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Über User

wilkrom dont use regular. my Z32 ran like **** on anything but premium. it idled like crap
Old 04-15-2008, 06:58 AM
Big Poppa

well our gas prices here in b.c. canada are 1.16 per liter. my fill ups are at 90 bux every week. i dropped down to 92 octane instead of the 94 i was buying. i drive 500km per week!! just to work.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:02 AM
The Good Twin

^^^ Getchoself a Geo Metro 3cyl. I filled up yesterday for $24.50 and that will last me for a week and a half.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:22 AM
The Evil Twin

my 350Z gets 30mpg on the highway. I'm very impressed. But the overall average drops fast because the city milage is around 18-19mpg. I'll do well on my trip to MSA but otherwise I usually average 21-23 mpg in the new Z

if I stick my foot out the door and help push, I can get up to 70mpg
Old 04-15-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm a Registered User!

I switched to riding a mountain bike around town here (except, I think I may be paying more for food than the gas would have cost me to do the miles. So far I've done roughly 450 miles on my bike this year)
Last year though, I was doing ~500 miles a week@!!!! (~40 miles a day plus ~250 miles during the weekend) That was costly, I just ate Ramen all the time
Old 04-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
for sale or trade------one z31 AE, one beater, one dodge camp 4wd van-----prefer trade, as i can actually get something for them!!!!!!

msa-----casnnot---no way....need to eat a little bit ecvery day--keeplosing weight, but i am healthy......dont have any money left over for the boat repairs if i even drive to store---my bicycle is twin turbo-----

(i got 2 legs, dont i?!!!)
Old 04-15-2008, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by SpeciallySpiked
I switched to riding a mountain bike around town here (except, I think I may be paying more for food than the gas would have cost me to do the miles. So far I've done roughly 450 miles on my bike this year)
Last year though, I was doing ~500 miles a week@!!!! (~40 miles a day plus ~250 miles during the weekend) That was costly, I just ate Ramen all the time
I'll second that. Gas prices aren't that bad here compared to the national average; but it's pretty rare to have to drive here, even in winter. It's so easy to get around by bike or bus that the car's usually not much of a convenience, if at all. It sounds like your regular commute/routes might be long than mine, though. However, I did drive to work Monday, because I couldn't get the brake booster core from my Z to fit in any bike-worthy bags. Too bad, would have been a faster errand by bike. But, I did learn this winter that riding with one hand and carrying auto parts in the other is a big pain (two brake calipers, to upgrade the Z).

You mostly ride mountain, road, or some combo? Lots of good options for either around here.

cheers,
Dave
Old 04-16-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm a Registered User!

Originally Posted by BoulderZ
I'll second that. Gas prices aren't that bad here compared to the national average; but it's pretty rare to have to drive here, even in winter. It's so easy to get around by bike or bus that the car's usually not much of a convenience, if at all. It sounds like your regular commute/routes might be long than mine, though. However, I did drive to work Monday, because I couldn't get the brake booster core from my Z to fit in any bike-worthy bags. Too bad, would have been a faster errand by bike. But, I did learn this winter that riding with one hand and carrying auto parts in the other is a big pain (two brake calipers, to upgrade the Z).

You mostly ride mountain, road, or some combo? Lots of good options for either around here.

cheers,
Dave
Hahahaha I bet it was a sight to see a biker carrying heavy car parts. I've got a pretty nice mountain bike but nearly all the miles I've put on it have been on the road. My bike trip is from Valmont/Foothills area to the Engineering Center at CU (rounding up to 3 miles each way). The other weekend I did go do a mountain biking loop that was pretty nice.

What do you do?
Old 04-16-2008, 01:25 PM
eff good grammar

ares are on the way up still. Our prices could quite possibly be higher than hawaii soon, its happened before.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by SpeciallySpiked
Hahahaha I bet it was a sight to see a biker carrying heavy car parts. I've got a pretty nice mountain bike but nearly all the miles I've put on it have been on the road. My bike trip is from Valmont/Foothills area to the Engineering Center at CU (rounding up to 3 miles each way). The other weekend I did go do a mountain biking loop that was pretty nice.

What do you do?
Yeah, it sounded like a good idea when I planned it. Long story, but in the end it was still money saved, just harder than I had thought it would be.

The short answer to what I do, occupation-wise: I'm a geologist. I work as an R&D/Tech guy for a little scientific software company in Boulder. What I do cycling-wise: I ride about an even mix of road and mountain. I mostly race mountain, but not much in the last few years. Entry fees are kinda high these days. It's usually cheaper to race a car now.

Funny, the bikes are now cheaper as transportation and the cars are cheaper as recreation. We only need a tank of gas a month (barring roadtrips), but even back in March, I think we paid $3.309/gal for 91 octane in the Jetta. I'm trying to see if I can get away with skipping buying gas in April.

Did you go to the CUSCC car show last weekend? How was it?
Dave
Old 05-15-2008, 09:48 AM

Here is how gas price have gone here in central Florida:

1 year ago the price for a gallon of gas was $2.94
1 Week ago the price was $3.60
Today the price for a gallon of gas is $3.73

What's the world coming to?
Old 05-15-2008, 09:53 AM
The Good Twin

Wahoo!!! I love high gas prices!!!

/sarcasm

My last take of gas in my Geo I was down from 53mpg to 49. I've noticed a hesitation lately... so I popped the hood & saw a freaking spark plug wire arcing onto a bolt. $40 later I have new wires and a new air filter... Car runs better than ever. 55mpg here I come!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Über User

how can you bitch on 3.73 when here its already 4.00 your luckY!!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Queen of Yachts

on the way to desert hot springs today it was 4.30 for premium....gottas use it or kill the car......i use 3.90 cent gas for the genny----regular grade....but still....i need solar panels..for the boat....and a wind genny!!...!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
how can you bitch on 3.73 when here its already 4.00 your luckY!!!!!
I was bitching when it was $2.25 a gallon if you recall, there is no reason any of us should just suck it up and deal with these gas prices just because people tell us there is nothing you can do about it. Gasoline is nothing more than a price gouging monopoly and the government makes money on taxes from the gas we buy so until it gets so far out of hand like it is now they will wait until the very last minute to do anything about it if they do anything at all.

Why do you think it is illegal to make your own fuel? Because the government knows if you make your own fuel they get no money from it...like Bio diesel, you can make it but if they the government finds out about it you must pay taxes on it...it's all bullshit if you ask me. Some say the root of all evil is the heart of a black soul....it is not, it is greed. So now I have a motorcycle and I will spend about $12 to fill it's tank...am I happy about it, hell no. I would rather pay closer to $4.50 to fill it up. $4.00 a gallon...we all don't make $100,000+ a year so yeah it sucks bad when they jack the price of gas up. Oh the economy is doing poorly, NO ****...nobody wants to pay $60+ to fill up so they can goto Wal-Mart and spend some more hard earned money...Get a god damned clue is what I say.

They actually raise the price of gas when they know there is going to be more driving...like GOVERNMENT HOLIDAYS or other holidays. Why are there so many of them...because then they can charge more for gas...and guess what, you have to pay it!! I heard someone on TV actually say it cost more now to make fuel...BULLSHIT, they still make it the same way at the same places!!! To many of the wrong people have control over vital things and it is screwing up everything. I feel like I have been dry sexed right in my buttox with no lube...and they keep thrusting harder. These people that I hear say "the price of gas doesn't bother me" makes me want to hit them with a brick!

Last edited by thxone; 05-15-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Originally Posted by thxone
I was bitching when it was $2.25 a gallon if you recall, there is no reason any of us should just suck it up and deal with these gas prices just because people tell us there is nothing you can do about it. Gasoline is nothing more than a price gouging monopoly and the government makes money on taxes from the gas we buy so until it gets so far out of hand like it is now they will wait until the very last minute to do anything about it if they do anything at all.

Why do you think it is illegal to make your own fuel? Because the government knows if you make your own fuel they get no money from it...like Bio diesel, you can make it but if they the government finds out about it you must pay taxes on it...it's all bullshit if you ask me. Some say the root of all evil is the heart of a black soul....it is not, it is greed. So now I have a motorcycle and I will spend about $12 to fill it's tank...am I happy about it, hell no. I would rather pay closer to $4.50 to fill it up. $4.00 a gallon...we all don't make $100,000+ a year so yeah it sucks bad when they jack the price of gas up. Oh the economy is doing poorly, NO ****...nobody wants to pay $60+ to fill up so they can goto Wal-Mart and spend some more hard earned money...Get a god damned clue is what I say.

They actually raise the price of gas when they know there is going to be more driving...like GOVERNMENT HOLIDAYS or other holidays. Why are there so many of them...because then they can charge more for gas...and guess what, you have to pay it!! I heard someone on TV actually say it cost more now to make fuel...BULLSHIT, they still make it the same way at the same places!!! To many of the wrong people have control over vital things and it is screwing up everything. I feel like I have been dry sexed right in my buttox with no lube...and they keep thrusting harder. These people that I hear say "the price of gas doesn't bother me" makes me want to hit them with a brick!

This country was founded on a revoulution against taxes that are onlya fraction of what we pay everday on fuel alone. Do not ever forget that.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Bad Speller

all there is to do is suck it up, and deal with it. Get up and Vote.

Quick Reply: gas price