The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

i'm out guys.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:10 PM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. One of the reasons I come on this site everyday is to read Snw's ridiculous posts and I always get a good chuckle out of them.

Steps to keep the Z:

A) Put a tarp over the car.
B) In one week, take the tarp off the car.
C) You will realize how crucial an element the Z is to your life.
D) Figure the problem out.
E) Insure it
F) Make up for your lack of sex life in the past year by driving around in the Z.
G) If that doesn't get you laid, than god help you.

DON'T GIVE UP!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:15 PM

Nothing is gonna get this guy laid...I really wish I had an extra ecu to send him though. Oh yeah Snw...a daily driver doesn't have to be something you like...you have that already in your Z. Get yourself a 1995 Nissan Sentra GXE like I used to have. Good on gas and can hold a good stereo, still Nissan.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Ruff Ryder

do you have a handheld voltmeter???
Old 08-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Ruff Ryder

**** EFI go get a set of carbs and go blowthrough...
L28240z@yahoo.com

contact this guy and see if you can borrow an 280zxt ECU

Last edited by hoov100; 08-07-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

u think carbs are really better then efi with a blowthrough design??? talk about crap. if he would of done MS and im sure someone around him has worked or tuned a MS unit this would not be such a big ordeal. hell u can even buy built and installed ms for more money.

Last edited by 260zturbo; 08-07-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:55 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

silly snw...

Last edited by entropy31; 08-07-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:04 PM
The Evil Twin

Get a lowered Honda

Snwy, I'll miss you... please stay on the forum
Old 08-07-2007, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bleach
Get a lowered Honda
And a fart can!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

hahahahahahaha:s-redeemer:
Old 08-08-2007, 12:15 AM
Über User

for a DD. yeesh. and if im driving it everyday i do have to like it, its not MY car like teh Z its a car im not ashamed to sit in and wont go crazy in driving that i can work on easily and is also reliable. thats why i made that list. and i can go MS but im building a distributorless system, so i need to mount my edis wheel and a VR sensor, hook up the EDIS wire in the 4 damn wires to MS and then add the sensors along with a relay board and harness... all in all a weeks worth of work, steal somes ignition map and make my own fuel map because its not rocket science. i know what i can do and i know im capable of anything and everything ive dreamed of doing to this car, i just got ****ed in teh *** with out lube by my current EFI setup and now need to get a DD and be able to put this car into cunstruction only till i have what i want from it. all in all, end of winter next year assuming this girl i found isnt going to rob me and my DD doesnt rob me if i get one. i then need to try to get a garage spot, we got a 3 car garage, back when i was 16 i cleaned out teh ENTIRE garage one winter so i could put my car in the 3rd garage port 9only yeh big double door was being used) then my dad got his Z. out of respect i moved my toyota camry out into the cold and went back to freezing my *** off. now i got a Z that doesnt do good outside and no one in my family can give me the respect to stick the shitty hyundai outside that throws a code when you sit down in it. thats bull ****, i do teh work so a car can fit in there, give up the space to a car more worthy and they dont have to do the work again or have teh decnecy to return teh favor for more than a week. but this is it, im going for a DD, if that fails, i got to the ghetto option of rigging the NA electronics with turbo setup and injectors while i build MSII on the side, if that fails, im leaving this world. its gone, ill get a car i like that i can work on make fast but i wont ever swap, and a motorcycle. i guess we will see what happens. and theres no lack of sex life guys, ive made a choice to not touch a woman since last october unless we could be serious together since i had a screwed up summer (went through 3 girls 2 thought omg i could be pregnent the other turned out to be a ***** and i had an STD scare due to a story she told a close friend of hers that then told her step sister who was my best friends GF) sooo it was me being smart for the second or third time in my life. lol. at 19 i shouldnt have ever had to worry about any of that yet.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
for a DD. yeash. and if i'm driving it everyday i do have to like it, its not MY car like the Z its a car i'm not ashamed to sit in and wont go crazy in driving that i can work on easily and is also reliable. thats why i made that list. and i can go MS but i'm building a distributor-less system, so i need to mount my edis wheel and a VR sensor, hook up the EDIS wire in the 4 damn wires to MS and then add the sensors along with a relay board and harness... all in all a weeks worth of work, steal some ignition map and make my own fuel map because its not rocket science. i know what i can do and i know i'm capable of anything and everything i have dreamed of doing to this car, i just got ****ed in the *** with out lube by my current EFI setup and now need to get a DD and be able to put this car into construction only till i have what i want from it. all in all, end of winter next year assuming this girl i found isn't going to rob me and my DD doesn't rob me if i get one. i then need to try to get a garage spot, we got a 3 car garage, back when i was 16 i cleaned out the ENTIRE garage one winter so i could put my car in the 3rd garage port 9only yeah big double door was being used) then my dad got his Z. out of respect i moved my toyota camry out into the cold and went back to freezing my *** off. now i got a Z that doesn't do good outside and no one in my family can give me the respect to stick the shitty hyundai outside that throws a code when you sit down in it. thats bull ****, i do teh work so a car can fit in there, give up the space to a car more worthy and they dont have to do the work again or have the decency to return the favor for more than a week. but this is it, i am going for a DD, if that fails, i got to the ghetto option of rigging the NA electronics with turbo setup and injectors while i build MSII on the side, if that fails, im leaving this world. its gone, ill get a car i like that i can work on make fast but i wont ever swap, and a motorcycle. i guess we will see what happens. and theres no lack of sex life guys, i have made a choice to not touch a woman since last october unless we could be serious together since i had a screwed up summer (went through 3 girls 2 thought oh my god i could be pregnant the other turned out to be a ***** and i had an STD scare due to a story she told a close friend of hers that then told her step sister who was my best friends GF) sooo it was me being smart for the second or third time in my life. lol. at 19 i should not have ever had to worry about any of that yet.
pwned

Old 08-08-2007, 01:16 AM

Dude you are like a pimple on my ***...I just want to pop you. WEAR A CONDOM!!! DURRRR!!! So...you are embarrassed driving certain cars..why? Some people don't get to drive at all. So it has to boil down to what chicks think of the car you drive right...you know what I say if a chick doesn't like the car I drive? WALK YOUR *** HOME THEN! You know why, cause I am not a chump who is going to let another chick play me or make me get something because they like it...you know why chicks like certain cars? Cause it is something they would drive, so if you get a car they would drive then you are driving a chick car no matter how you mod it or how big of a tip you put on it.

Don't let a chick make a decision or have any bearing on what you get for yourself, chicks come and go but in the end you will be stuck driving a chick car. For clarification, Front Wheel Drive = Chick Car!! Take some time and look at some of the cars you have been thinking about...now how many chicks do you see driving them...see, you know I am right. You want something reliable, get a 1970-1978 Camaro Z28 or a 1990-1993 Fox Body Mustang 5.0

DSM...what is that...a Yugo!! Christ you are going to end up getting another car...a chick car that some young punk riced up and you are going to inherit his problems and you are just going to be more pissed off. What's wrong with a Sentra GXE? Mine was slow as hell but it was reliable and the A/C was frigged. Do what you want, these are just my thoughts and you know this...man. Oh well, I am spent...I was going to touch myself but I am too tired now...thanks man.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:32 AM
Ruff Ryder

buying a DSM/honda to me is like going into a sex shop without pants on and buying a 12" alabama black snake....
Old 08-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Big Poppa

dude if the ecu is shutting off, its either going to be power or ground, believe it or not most likely the ground for the ecu. if you take it apart (nothing to loose now) and use your extra sealthy voltometer skills, youll find it. i never read your posts in the other section aboot your problems soo... take the cover off, and put the ecu somewhere you can reach it, then probe where the power is coming "IN" to the ecu, start the car. then keep the meter on that until it dies. then put it across a seprete power source (battery) then test where the ground comes "IN". this will determine if its grounding o.k. if these stay constant, then it is actually the ecu. if they flop on there face, then re-wire them right to the battery until you can find the actual source. hope that helps, i just hate to see ppl give up. unfor. ppl dont have room or time, but hopefully with forums like this we can all come together to get someone running and up on their luck. there is a chance that one fuseable link has a broken spot in it, try regular wire, for now, or intall and in-line fuse holder in place of it. id love to help, but um.... im kinda way over here.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Jack Of All Trades

This will probably end up being the longest running thread in Zdriver history. Even surpassing Jody's "Mod Updates" thread.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Doesn't post much...

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out... Just don't forget to take Nismo619 with you.

J/K... Nismo can stay if he wants.

Anyone ever mention a possible Ignition Module random failure??????

Just a thought.

Rod.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:28 AM

Hey Snw...here are some Honda's near you:

Rice 1

Rice 2
Old 08-08-2007, 10:32 AM
NisTuner

I thought he said he changed the ignition module out, but it's still possible. The only other thing I thought of although I doubt it would cause the car to cut out. Did you ever check or re-set the timing after you changed out the Ignition module?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:40 AM

Maybe the electrical connection is backwards on the Air Regulator, head temp sensor or some other electrical....thing.

So it's a 260Z that he put into the car an L28ET....could be a vacuum leak but did you do ALL of the sensors and electrical connections or did you leave some things out because you thought they were not necessary? Do you mind giving us a rundown of exactly what you did to swap in this engine starting from step one...it may help.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:33 AM
NisTuner

It sounds like a short to me, considering he's had it running before. It seems like it's doing it only in moist conditions. So maybe the ECU had received some damage, didn't he say it was getting wet around that area? I mean from what I've read here, it seems that these ECUs are pretty indestructible unless they get left in sitting water, or if water is managing to run down into it.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

could also find a 240sx for a pretty cheap price.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:06 PM
The Evil Twin

maybe... a Sentra would be cheaper and more ecinomical

Maybe buy a turbo ECU from Nismo619
Old 08-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

Don't give up on it man, once you get it fixed you'll feel like an idiot for posting this.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:45 PM

Hey Bleach.... I find it hard to post anything next to your sig....she is distractingly hot...can you do something about that please.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:55 PM

Have you thought about the coil? It might be a bad resistor or fried wire. that would ground out the system.

Quick Reply: i'm out guys.