The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

The official post whore thread..

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Pr0n Addict

why would it matter in auto-X? usually stays in second the whole time anyway. so if you aren't shifting but once or twice in the whole heat, then the torque converter isn't doing you anything but harm.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ
why would it matter in auto-X? usually stays in second the whole time anyway. so if you aren't shifting but once or twice in the whole heat, then the torque converter isn't doing you anything but harm.
if you ever go to a bigger auto-x track you WILL use all the gears and most of the tracks i have been too you use 1-2-3 ALOT.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Über User

lol out of all the track days i went to this year ALL the cars were manual and most of them were porsche's actually. only two american cars one C6 vette one new SRT-10 viper. also, they got wasted by the porsche's and evo's lol. all profesional track cars are manual dude. ever watch GT cup racing? lemans? f1? indy? lol come on hoov you can do better than that. as far as auto-x its usually 2nd gear sometimes 3rd never really seen one where 4th is necessary. and what majority of the worlds fastest cars are auto?!?!?! lol the veyron? gumpart apollo? ultima GTR? porsche sports cars? ferrari? lambo? sure most of them use a "auto" as you claim but they are really DSG or SMG trannies which are all manual trannies shifted through electonics and use clutches not ****ty torque converters. thats for city driving and drag racing. also, 5spd manual car john shepherd. look it up. they double synchro the trannies dog box em so all you do is slam gears and they are as fast as auto's. also what point were you trying to make? how wrong you are? other than the auto cars being used in drag racing i assume thats what you meant by fastest cars out there. and i think thats exactly what i said a power glide tranny, aka an auto very popular in drag racing cars because it basically has no down time between shifts. soooo... what was your point? i forgot already.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Pr0n Addict

so what do we think of nistune? can we use it to reprogram out ECU's without buying a $500 aftermarket one?
Old 10-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Pr0n Addict

looks pretty good to me. looks like you can just plug in the 'daughter board" and make some pretty nice adjustments through your laptop.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Ruff Ryder

the SMG tranny's or "semi-auto" trannys arent manual snw, manual tranny's have a pedal activated hydraulic clutch, and a shift bar mechanism, pressing on a paddle or pushing up on your shifter is not a manual trans. why the hell are we arguing this, you dont even have a good car.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Pr0n Addict

that doesn't really matter. you all need to quit ***** fighting.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ
that doesn't really matter. you all need to quit ***** fighting.
I'm not fighting, just making a point that no matter what BS deffinition you put behind something, it doesnt change what it actually is.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Ruff Ryder

i like shooting at things that randomly move. especially when you have a SAW and a full belt of ammo.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Über User

m249. n00b cannon. and you are fighting. and smg stands for sequential manual gearbox lol not semi auto. LOL pwn why would argue so strongly on something so completely wrong. i think you need to wikipedia DSG and SMG gearboxes they are both manual transmission shifted electronically. but still manual gearbox's they operate on the same principles as in they have CLUTCHES not TORQUE converters thats a huge thing. the next is that they select the gears themselves through actuation not through vein pressure systems like on an auto car with a spinning torque converter.

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 10-24-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
THEY WERE ALL USED! lol. you should get the new kawi ninja 250R its a nice bike for being tiny. sell the kz get one of those.
I was out the other day, walking, and saw a bike coming down the road...it was black, a Kawasaki Ninja of some kind. As the bike got closer I noticed that it was a decent sized bike with a small chick riding it...I thought to myself MMMmmmmm, a hot chick on a sportbike. I remember thinking why can't I handle a 600 if a tiny little chick like that can. Well she pulled in to the gas station that I was walking to. It was indeed a hot chick on a black Ninja, a 2008 Ninja 250R!! Since I now had a reason to talk to her, the bike, I struck up a conversation with her.

She said it was not her bike but in fact it was her boyfriends bike and she was giving it a go to see how she liked it compared to her R6. She said if it came down to what she would ride in traffic as a commuter bike here in Florida she would go with the 250R. She said it was quick for what it is and handles like a dream but said she didn't think she was going to give up the power or the sound of the R6 for it as that is what she has been used to riding for over a year. She said by no means is the 250R a crappy bike it's just not an R6. Oh, and she was fricken hot!! Even Snw would have found her attractive.

On another topic I fiddled with the carbs on my bike today. The left carb was in need of help as the diaphragm was torn. I fixed it and now the bike is pulling alot harder than before...I was running lean on the left side. When I get a chance I will sync the carbs again now that both carbs are leak free. This should further improve the performance of this 40hp rated 443cc engine. I adjusted the choke and checked the plugs as well as adjusted the cam chain tensioner. But yes, I have been thinking real hard on the Ninja 250R...I think for me it would be just what I am looking for.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:58 AM
Pr0n Addict

holy crap hot girls on sport bikes are awesome. VERY cool. on the new R1's, the tail light makes them look like they are laying a little crap. it's pretty funny.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Über User

i do have pretty high standards.... lol and the new R1 has goofy projectors but i kinda like it looks like its on crack and the tail section its just those cans under the tail that are tooo wide for the tail section but a nice slip on will fix that. i saw the new 09 R6's yesterday when i went and got a new face shield for my helmet they are the same bike but with the white/red and orange paint they are sooo damn nice. sexy paint jobs. also the chick there helping me out with the face shield was hot.... except her hair it was wacky i couldnt tell if she had fake dreds put in and had them sprayed the bright hot pink and green they were but she had a great body and a very cute face. just poor hair style choice. oh and a massive tramp stamp lol. but she was talking to me about where i live saying how she used to be from right near me in willowsprings blah blah blah... yeah she wanted some but i just dont know if i could work past the hair....

also theres a 280zx turbo in town i see this older dude driving all the time it usually leaves the golf course right down the street from me drives past my work then idk where it goes but the body looks like its starting to go i just hope it runs good maybe one day i'll get a chance to talk to hiim about it. five hundred dolla! maybe...

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 10-24-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Über User

ERRRTTT!!! noticed the post count... how do i know thats real? last i saw it was a bit higher..... like 2k higher minimum
Old 10-24-2008, 03:25 PM
The Evil Twin

that seems like what you should have.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Über User

should? lol i dont see how you can differentiate a should and would as any sort of measure. earned is earned...
Old 10-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
m249. n00b cannon. and you are fighting. and smg stands for sequential manual gearbox lol not semi auto. LOL pwn why would argue so strongly on something so completely wrong. i think you need to wikipedia DSG and SMG gearboxes they are both manual transmission shifted electronically. but still manual gearbox's they operate on the same principles as in they have CLUTCHES not TORQUE converters thats a huge thing. the next is that they select the gears themselves through actuation not through vein pressure systems like on an auto car with a spinning torque converter.
alright snw, this i guess you have subconsciously placed the SMG trannys for real manual tranny's, you see a manual trans means that the trans is manual shifted, which also means you have to manualy take disconnect the trans from the motor, via clutch with little to no interferance from a computer. now even most higher end auto trans have clutches, but slapping a paddle to shift is not a manual trans, not having a clutch pedal or level for a clutch means it is not manual, i dont car if there is a trans where you can shift without a clutch, because without the use of a clutch, that puts it into an intirely different catagory, then auto and manual. and dont start getting pissy, because you will never make any power....
Old 10-24-2008, 06:47 PM
West Coast!

hey does anyone have an extra dizzy for a 300zx turbo
Old 10-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
a long time ago, back way before you children were born, there was a comp[any made volkswagens. npt water cooled ones
old ones.this company once tried to make what they called a automatic stick shift
it sukked rotten eggs

kept breaking.

no power. ever....

what else would you like to know on this subject???
besides not to try it in your Z uinless ya want to make lots and lots of expensive repairs .....
Old 10-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
snowy---i liked the rainbows and stuff last time better than this one you got as a siggie--isnt even your pic...what up??
did E or bleachie give you this one??
Old 10-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by tonsoffun300zx
hey does anyone have an extra dizzy for a 300zx turbo
dam am i glad i didnt buy that car back.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:24 PM
West Coast!

there is nothing wrong with it i just threw the codes and i got the crank angle sensor code and 02 also where did you put the temp sensor for the fat turbo timer?
Old 10-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Über User

im not pissy. i dont get pissy... much... but you my friend are taking the manual automatic thing much to literally. manual and auto differentiate they way i speak but w/e this is a lame topic to argue so i quit i made my points you made your i guess we agree to disagree
Old 10-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by tonsoffun300zx
there is nothing wrong with it i just threw the codes and i got the crank angle sensor code and 02 also where did you put the temp sensor for the fat turbo timer?
temp sensor? its built in, just do a field strip of the the dizzy without taking it off and just blow and clean things inside, i spent 45 minutes getting that timing there and i doubt it will ever be that close again.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

So I have gone to the world of Chevy, Picked up the F-Body today. Said it had a bad tranny, well checked it out, it was clean, took it for a drive and it shifted, but lost power, got it home added tranny fluid and it runs pretty again. 0-60 in around 4.5 and the 3inch flowmaster makes your hair stand on end. I am happy. I`ll get pics and video up soon.

Quick Reply: The official post whore thread..