The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

The official post whore thread..

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Pr0n Addict

wow. that is amazing. that's how i can get to where i want to live!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
there is a way to do everything even if there is no way---there is a way......
Old 10-30-2008, 06:07 AM
Über User

kinda... boring, like neat, but really boring
Old 10-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
IS LIKE FLYING WITH A KID ON YER WINDSHIELD!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by z-hag

*****, no way, that took grapefruits..........
Old 10-31-2008, 12:15 AM
Queen of Yachts

Originally Posted by ZBRICK
*****, no way, that took grapefruits..........
more than one way to get thru short bridges!!!!!!! lots of imagination....coool yawl sailing ---too bad wasnt under sail!!!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 06:11 PM

Happy Halloween everyone!!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Queen of Yachts

HAPPY HALLOWEEENIES..........................
Old 11-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Über User

im drunked now! queer1!!! you know who you are!
Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Queen of Yachts

ok guys--i have sold my goldie for 3k---exactly what i bought her for----dammit......he is getting a gooood car ----yes, i will still be here in the forum---i wish the market was better.......now i can buy an engine for the boat..........i miss hwer already....
Old 11-01-2008, 11:35 AM
ダットサンマニアック

Originally Posted by z-hag
ok guys--i have sold my goldie for 3k---exactly what i bought her for----dammit......he is getting a gooood car ----yes, i will still be here in the forum---i wish the market was better.......now i can buy an engine for the boat..........i miss hwer already....

wha, what you z less now?!?!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Queen of Yachts

i no longer own any 4 wheeled people killers--no Z no beeter, no baja babe buggy!!!!!! now i can go sailing...yes, i am z-less now.....now i want a 240 or 260 but i donot wanna own it--just wanna drive it!!!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Queen of Yachts

anyone know any anglophiles?? i know of a triumph spitfire 1978 with original hardtop--car should be valued at 11, 500+ WITH THE ORIGINAL TOP---WILL BE MERCEDES SILVERBLUE AFTER MONDAY----man only wants 5k for her......if anyone knows someone fitting this description and able to buy a spitfire in excellent condition, please let me know....
Old 11-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Pr0n Addict

that spitfire is not worth 11,500. no spitfire is. those cars are dirt cheap. the best one i've ever seen that won national competitions went for 7,500, and the owner (whom which i am closely acquainted with) was happy to get that much. 5k is a good price. maybe 6. i won't have another one. they are too f-ing slow. but they are pretty cool just to scoot around town in. but you could put all the money you want into the 1275 and still be lucky to get more than 120 hp. it's around 65 stock with the dual su's. but it does only weigh around 2300 lbs. i think.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Pr0n Addict

wow took that one a little rough didn't you? i still stand by my statement. the national competition i was referring to was a judged show, not a race. i know it's a collectible car. i've had the car that was basically it's cousin. i do like english cars, and i have studied them A LOT. there are lots of "books" that rate things poorly. KBB puts the Z32 at about 3k less than it actually goes for... while very occasionally, some old brit car goes for 30-40k, and everyone in the british car world is shocked. there are bad ratings out there. i've been around english cars a **** load, i know it's not worth 11.5K, so you don't argue with me. sorry to sound rough. i still like you!

and seriously, what a weak argument it is to say that you know the value better because you can rebuild engines and trannies... that doesn't make sense. the two are quite unrelated knowledge groups. and you say that you don't even like british cars.... so you haven't been around them, and been to shows for them, and done a lot of research on them, or worked on them.... and i have. i place triumphs and mg's second on my list of groups of reasonable cars that i like, after z's. i've worked in a shop for LBC's (do you even know what that stands for?), and seen tons of them. i've seen the perfect spitfires go out of there, original or restored, that cost 40k to get done and they still can't sell for more than 10k. there are tons of them, and their following is somewhat small. and the fact that it doesn't leak doesn't help a lot, because the stereotype that they all leak and break down is pretty weak. change the dizzy, replace the seals, and you have it made.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Pr0n Addict

but i do understand that you are just trying to help your friend, and it's respectable, and i don't care if you make false claims in the add to help sell it, i'm just saying that it's wrong. it won't offend me if you don't change the add.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Pr0n Addict

another thing that points to the fact that it's not worth 11.5k is that the owner's only asking 5k.... asking less than half the average selling price kinda goes beyond the term "priced to sell".
Old 11-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Pr0n Addict

and just so somebody with an old ebay page showing a spit going for 15k doesn't make me look stupid, let me clarify that i'm not saying that it couldn't go for 11.5k. people over pay for cars all the time. i'm just saying that it's not worth that much, and anyone with enough background in the british car world would keep walking and find one for 5k, just as this one is priced. hmmmmm. looks like there might be a reason that it's priced like that.... maybe... it's NOT WORTH MORE. just a thought.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Pr0n Addict

and also, (i know i'm ranting, but you said a lot to argue with), i don't assume for a second that you're not educated in the car's history just cause you're a chick. at all. but you can't just say it's worth that much cause one book said so. ever heard of a controversial book? one that some people believe and some don't? like.... mein komph or something (i'm not german i can't spell it). the ****'s say that it's right, but we don't. people that don't study lbc's say that your book is right, but lbc enthusiasts don't.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Pr0n Addict

i can't stop.

if someone was going to spend that much on an LBC, they'd get a TR6 or 4 or 3 or a healy or an MGA, something that's got a little size and is much more desirable. spitfires and MG midgets (very similar so they are grouped together often) are at the bottom of the triumph and MG chain so they end up going dirt cheap, cause they're just for people that can't afford the bigger ones. modernly anyway.

also, i've seen an all original MGB (yet again, a generally higher priced car than a spit) in the same spoken of condition that had been in a climate controlled garage and not run in 20 years without the hard top (which doesn't even add all that much. you can buy them or have them made for reasonable prices) go for around 2k. it was nice too. not just a neglected old car. it was properly stored and ready to go with the original paint and everything. the cars are so cheap that it's generally said that if it doesn't run, then it's free. unlike TR6's and the other bigger brits that can go for up to 5k with rust and no top after they've been sitting outside for years. basically a crap *** car that still brings some decent money. if it's the right one. TR3 or MGA.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Pr0n Addict

stop saying i don't know just cause i'm young. there are people 100 years old that aren't as smart as my 8 year old sister, and never have been. it's a weak argument. people spend their time in different areas, therefore the knowledge/age curves overlap.

did you even read anything i said? i disproved everything that you said and gave more evidence.

and stop saying that every car that i'm referring to is a race car. i'm talking about show cars. original or restored. just exclude every single race car out there from my generalizations. yes, i've seen plenty of these real collector's cars. plenty. worked on them, conversed about them, studied them, seen them sell.....

holy crap the collectible thing. i get the point. i agree, it is. still not worth that much. re-read everything that i said before, i don't think you caught it all. you are restating yourself and i will not do so. i have more though. i could start bringing out the references....
Old 11-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Pr0n Addict

keep my stereotypes to myself? i'm not speaking of any stereotypes except for when i argued that the one the you named was wrong. i'm only speaking of trends. the fact that the cars just don't go for that much. they go for 5k, just like this one is doing.

you are the one with the stereotypes that they are all leekers and unreliable and such. honestly, so far, with mileage compared, my z has broken down more times than my midget did. and it leaks more oil. say what you want about my mechanical practices, but observing the standard learning curve, i should be doing better jobs with the z than i did with the midget.... and the break downs weren't my fault. i just fixed them. but we don't need to argue over who's the better mechanic, it's just who has had the experience to tell whether this spit is worth 11.5k.

i have access to an original spit hard top that i could get for about $5. they really don't do that much. 95% of LBC owners choose vert. so which should go for more? the hard top or the soft? supply and demand right here. more people want verts, people pay more for verts. although, it is undeniable that it increases the price when a car comes with both.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Pr0n Addict

it's obviously not your subject. it's not a little british car? really? was it made in japan?
wow, you just argued again that it's a collector and reliable. i think you skimmed when reading my posts. i agreed with you on both of those.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Pr0n Addict

just cause you know about it and you read it with your eyes doesn't mean it's a holy f-ing car. it's still the same as all the other spits that go for 1-5k.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Pr0n Addict

why's it matter if it's reliable if it isn't supposed to be driven? i know it's reliable. if the maintainer has half a brain he/she can figure out how to keep this car going without breaking down on the road. wow. no leaks. whoopdy f-ing doo. that's really not that rare. my midget didn't leak and it has 50k on the original block. that on top of the fact that the blocks are generally expected to give 60k before they wear out the bearings and loose oil pressure. hey, do you think i know that because i've been around these cars for a little bit?

you keep saying you've had tons of these collector cars, and that's great, i don't doubt your knowledge, but you haven't had a british car, so it suggests that you haven't studied them quite as much as i, who has had one....

Quick Reply: The official post whore thread..