The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

The official post whore thread..

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Originally Posted by oldschool280
sorry to thread jack this motorcycle conversation but........
No need to apologize... motorcycles should be banned from street use for being unsafe and for turning their drivers into douchebags who think they're allowed to cut in-and-out of traffic, drive between lanes, and drive on the shoulder. They annoy me and so do conversations concerning them.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Originally Posted by ZLover4Life
No need to apologize... motorcycles should be banned from street use for being unsafe and for turning their drivers into douchebags who think they're allowed to cut in-and-out of traffic, drive between lanes, and drive on the shoulder. They annoy me and so do conversations concerning them.

Not all people who ride are douchebags like snw. Some of us ride responsibly and safely. But I understand where your coming from. Not everyone can handle the sheer power of a sport bike.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:40 PM

Ok Ok, well the deal is done and i no longer have a Z

it truly is a sad day when you see the only car you have cared for being dragged away.....

But i did grab all the parts off of it i wanted LOL
Old 11-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Ruff Ryder

i cut in and out of traffic, split lanes and speed is because i wanna stay alive, you can disagree with this all you want, but the facts are the facts, i have been forced off the road, hit, side swiped, more time then i can count doing the speed limit, i have been forced off the road twice while doing the said above, but i do it responsibly, i dont do it to be "cool" or be in "the-scene" or any of that crap, i do it because experience has taught me that pissing people off and them noticing me, is a hell of alot better then them hitting me and noticing me later...
Old 11-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

^^ That fits into them being unsafe. If you were in a car, you wouldn't have had to face those things.

But there are always groups of bikers on the streets who drive like *********. Whether they're sportbikes or cruisers, when you get a group of them together they act like retards, and many individuals do these things as well. Traffic jam? They think it's ok to ride on the shoulder or in between lanes to get ahead of everyone... as if it is more important that they get to where they are going more quickly.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Ruff Ryder

well yeah, theres always the douchebag groups who do it, but i can attest to the traffic jam, i ride through just about traffic jam on the highway, as long as they are completely stopped and even then its just the bike idling in gear, as for the whole it wouldnt happen if i where driving in the car, yeah it still happens in the car, i have had numerous side swipes in a car from careless drivires, except for i let them hit me, on the bike i dont have the option, nor am i gonna wait for them to choose for me.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Über User

^^ That fits into them being unsafe. If you were in a car, you wouldn't have had to face those things.

But there are always groups of bikers on the streets who drive like *********. Whether they're sportbikes or cruisers, when you get a group of them together they act like retards, and many individuals do these things as well. Traffic jam? They think it's ok to ride on the shoulder or in between lanes to get ahead of everyone... as if it is more important that they get to where they are going more quickly.
thats kinda like saying you should only take showers because you have a better chance of drowning in the bath tub (though baths are for women and gays ) haha

but yeah because motorcycles are harder to be noticed doesnt mean they should be illegal it means we need a much stricter DMV and such harder to hold and earn your license for a car more involved and need testing more often. and i rode once like a douche bag and it was for a 3 mile stretch of highway. other than that i dont lane split i actually avoid cars by staying back from them unless getting crowded there or they are driving terribly slow then im going to pass. i dont lane split cause people merge without looking and i do more lane changes to avoid the congestion or intersections where people are more prone to pull out. theres 2 types of riders out there. the see every car out there is out to get them, and the ones that think they own everything pavement and related, but all have the same love of a bike. usually though if as long as you dont endanger a cyclists life while near them they will keep good distance and never interfere with what your doing, doesnt mean they wont look like douche bags in the process though.

also:
Originally Posted by z-hag
because there are tooo many lame and inappropriate things going 0n here--including jacking of other threads for lame yapping----insensitive and rude
who put sand in her V-jay-jay sound crabby as hell complaining that motorcycle talk is going on in the post ***** thread instead of boat talk. pfft....

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 11-16-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Ruff Ryder

wow, i just pussed out, instead of riding my bike 800 miles back to bliss i am just gonna ride it 200 miles to meet someone and have it towed...
Old 11-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Ruff Ryder

and god damnit nismo!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Über User

think he just saw what was under his name ^^^^ thats been there since you said it haha
Old 11-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

They should be illegal because they are unsafe for road use. There are no safety measures - it's too easy to be killed on a bike (and yes, I know people who have been killed while they were riding, and not always because they weren't noticed but because sh*t happens and there's no protection). For a car to legally be on the road (in the states) it has to pass VERY strict safety requirement... but there really aren't any for a bike.

And I reiterate - it is not ok for a bike to bypass traffic by driving illegally between lanes or on a shoulder. You're only making the situation worse by ending up having to cut in front of people later on - if it weren't for *ssholes cutting in front of other people, traffic jams would be less common to begin with. Doing it during a traffic jam makes it worse for the hundreds of people waiting (a biker's time is not more important). I'm going to start revolting when I see bikers do this. I'll open my door as they ride past. And hopefully other motorists will follow suit and stop making it so easy.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 11-16-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Pr0n Addict

well that's just the riders problem. i don't really care about people so much as to say that there should be a law against a vehicle that is dangerous to the rider.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

It is hypocritical for there to be laws governing the safety of cars but none prohibiting the most unsafe vehicles on the road.

And if there were no bikes, thousands of drivers wouldn't have to be inconvenienced by their irresponsible driving.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Über User

if there weren't idiots and stricter testing policies no one would have to worry about any idiot drivers. i see on a daily and life time basis much more irresponsible car drivers than motorcycle drivers and statistically there's more deaths per accident with motorcycles there's more deaths and accidents in general with cars. to get a motorcycle license is MUCH harder and more involved than a car license and after getting on the road many people stop when they realize how much it can suck because of all the retard cagers out there leaving typically more responsible or at least skilled riders left out there riding on the streets. and how does a biker inconvenient you? like i mean a real life example? speeding past you doesn't really do anything other than annoy maybe.....
Old 11-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Ruff Ryder

It is hypocritical for there to be laws governing the safety of cars but none prohibiting the most unsafe vehicles on the road.

And if there were no bikes, thousands of drivers wouldn't have to be inconvenienced by their irresponsible driving.
what the hell are you smoking? bikes have to pass the same safety inspections and regulations cars do, hell its almost harder to register motorcycles then cars, it costs me $159 a year to register my bike in california, with no inspections or smog. (but i still have to conform to them all) now in texas i have to pay a $180 registration fee a year, pay an extra $70 to have it inspected and i have to wear all my PPE, now motorcycles may not be as safe, but i am ALOT more in control on a bike, then a car, with the bike i only have a very narrow 400 pounds sitting under me all of which are under control and if something should happen almost every component is seperate, so it wont affect the entire system (IE brakes and steering) and a 400 pound motorcycle sliding down the highway coming to a complete stop is alot safer then a 4000 pound car screeming out of control, rolling and tumbling and killing anything it touches, that and with a bike, you merely kick yourself off of it and slide to a complete stop, in a car your ****ed!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Über User

I'll agree with some of that ^^^ but i wouldn't say I'm more in control of my bike than my car. though i am more involved and more perceptive. there's no distractions when riding its you the road and the cars around you. in the car there's the stereo the phones other gauges and and stuff. on a bike there's a few controls, lean/counter steer, indicators, clutch, brake, shifter, high beams. i do have a lap timer and such on my bike but i have no use for it i leave my gauges on either the trip or the clock. and there's only a seat belt law for cars. if it were a safer option im sure they would be implemented on bikes helmets are a great help, i'll admit local town riding on hot days i don't wear mine but i dont hit the highway without it i don't go farther than 1 town over without it once the temp is anything that will want a jacket to go along with it the helmet is on. it is a pretty weak argument at least biased one to say all motorcyclists are irresponsible or are an inconvenience to you some how. say they are less safe is half true, they are less safe to the person on the bike much more safe for you to get hit by one compared to a car. though, its not often a biker hits a car its usually the other way around.

also, have you ever ridden randy? I'm guessing not. I've loved bikes all my life and they feel great, if you ever had a dream to own one its worth the try it really is a great feeling.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:40 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by hoov100
what the hell are you smoking?
I'm pretty sure he was talking about the lack of: seat belts, air bags, crunch zones, bumpers, 2 other tires to keep you upright, and various other layers of metal / plastics / foams between the vehicles.

You can't realistically argue that you are as safe on a bike as in a car. I work at a hospital and get to see MVA / MCA patients all the time. One tap of a motorcycle vs car at 65mph is a lot different than one tap of 2 cars at 65mph.

Last edited by NismoPick; 11-16-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
Originally Posted by NismoPick
I'm pretty sure he was talking about the lack of: seat belts, air bags, crunch zones, bumpers, 2 other tires to keep you upright, and various other layers of metal / plastics / foams between the vehicles.

You can't realistically argue that you are as safe on a bike as in a car. I work at a hospital and get to see MVA / MCA patients all the time. One tap of a motorcycle vs car at 65mph is a lot different than one tap of 2 cars at 65mph.
motorcycle riders ar considered organ donors in most emergency rooms in which i have worked. another filosofy is the bikes arent the problem---is the cars around them.....have fun, donor.....
Old 11-16-2008, 08:52 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by z-hag
another filosofy is the bikes arent the problem---is the cars around them.....
Indeed. In the short time that I've ridden my bike, I've come across many many MANY moron car drivers. They look right at you, and turn right in front of you.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Ruff Ryder

that where keeping an eye on traffic and using general common sense comes into play, i constantly keep myself aware of the vehicles all around me and make mental notes of the people swerving inside the lines people driving like dumb ***'s and just judging what the people are going to do next, if i see the guys blinker on up in front of me, signaling to go in my lane, i will slow down ahead of time, so i dont tail gate him, if i see that idiot in the honda swerving blindly around every car infront of him, i will generally stay on the opposite side of the road from him, its just a 6'th sense you get when driving in southern CA.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Indeed. In the short time that I've ridden my bike, I've come across many many MANY moron car drivers. They look right at you, and turn right in front of you.

I heard that. I had some douche in a jacked up Yukon come around me from behind and merge into the side of me. If his window had been down I would have gone through it and whooped his ***. You wanna talk about things that should be illegal. Is there really a good reason to run a jacked up 4x4 around town on DUBS? I mean seriously, they will never see the ****ing mud, and half the time they don`t see the cars around em. ****, these people have small dicks, they need to learn to cope, not buy a big *** truck to tell everyone else about it. End Rant.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Über User

my 3rd day out riding with this bike i had a guy in a jeep behind me stopped at an intersection, i looked at him, he looked at me made eye contact smiled and then we were off, we hit the next light its a red. i stop and out of some sense stick the bike to the right side of the car infront of me so i can tuck up to him and if i get hit i'll be pushed away from the car and not be a sandwhich. well, im stopped and what to i hear but this distinct sound of tires sliding on pavement, thats when the jeep slides right up past me to the left, if he didnt at least have the sense to turn to the left my *** would have had a jeep emblem tucked inside it. i looked at him again, he didnt want anything to do with that look this time around. green light, he gets the finger and i make good distance and keep it until i turn off towards my house few cars travel.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Ruff Ryder

do you mean the left side of the car in front of you?
Old 11-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

The other voice of reason does my job for me! Thank you NismoPick.

And I already gave an example of how bikers inconvenience me. When they speed up to the front of a traffic jam and hop in front of the cars to save some time, the cars end up slowing down (often slamming on their brakes so they don't hit the morons). When the front cars slow down, the cars behind them have to slow down. And then the cars behind those slow down. And where do you think I am in all of this? Somewhere in the middle where we don't even get to see why we're slowing down.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 11-16-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:41 AM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

I made this to remind everyone that all babies look like Winston Churchill. Also to remind everyone that I should sleep.

Quick Reply: The official post whore thread..