The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Using Craigslist as a way to make free money...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Ruff Ryder

fast
reliable
cheap

pick any two...

Last edited by hoov100; 07-10-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:20 PM

Back on the selling free stuff....nothing morally wrong with it...if you get something for free...it's yours to do with as you please. Also let me say that my Grandfather used to go around every day of his life "junking" if you will, picking up furniture and many other items from trash on the side of the road...stuff people just threw away. He would bring these things home and make them like new and sell them. He owned two auction houses and made hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars and all this made possible from free stuff. When I worked for a furniture store I would remove the old stuff from the customers houses...free stuff and 90% of the time it was near new condition and every thing from chairs to china cabinets to beds to whatever and I sold most of it for quite a hefty profit. I would say in 3 months I easily made $6,000-$8,000.

If I had my own house with a big workshop building and a Box truck, I would be out there every day looking for trash and making some good money. Hmmmm...kinda makes you think.......
Old 07-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Über User

first off bro, never go JDM unless you need to aka an SR or RB motor. second, for about 700 dollars or less you can build your motor into a turbo one, i did mine for about 500 but i add teh other hundred to make the motor handle the power better, aka re-gasketing everything and using ARP studs every where + an all metal head gasket. right there the motors are supposed to be able to handle 600hp which you will never even need. with 400 hp you should be happy enough and you saved alot of money, and the car isnt bastardized at all. or, you can buy my car when i sell it this winter/next summer for like 12 grand. lol. honestly, ive only dropped 1500 into my car including the buy of it and just countless hours and noe have a clean turbo S30 that i can sell for probably about 5k or more if im lucky. now with my added modds i have comming/planned and the body work to make it truly rust free and a super clean paint job it will shoot up in price. then interior, boom even more. i probably wont sink more than 4k in the car and be able to sell it for more than double teh price. just something to think about.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

Guess I'll just keep my 280zx mostly stock and just raise up money for when I get a 240z, 260z, or a 280z. And put an l28et in there.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Über User

thats some good thinking buddy. and sorry to shoot you down, but with your current funds from hearing you talk (and this is even with your craiglist funds in mind) and your CURRENT (keyword there) automotive knowledge i dont think you could do the swap you wanted until you were 25. lol. im being honest not a dick cause i like you your a nice kid so far. im thinking about a new way to make some money though see my new thread when it pops up in a few minutes.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Poor kid, no ruler

Nah, it's cool bro. It makes perfect sense, I'm just being to ambitious. Which is good, but I also need to know my limits. I'll play with my s130 but nothing serious, bodywork isn't THAT hard and neither is interior so for now I can just keep up the engine maintenance and try to restore my car since that's a little easier.

Still though...the thought of a VG30DETT powered 280zx is pretty sweet.

Oh, and dude an easy way to make money (my friend does it about 3 times a week and makes 150-200 dollars on each deal) is to sell stuff from royal prestige. You're a salesman, but you don't go door to door and only go to houses where people are interested. I'd be doing it but I lack transportation right now since I'm working out the problems with my car.