Other Cars Discuss any info on other vehicles in here.

carlisle import/kit 2009

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Pr0n Addict

carlisle import/kit 2009

i'm starting this thread (a bit too late)
1. to see if anyone from here will be there
and 2. so that i can post pics from the show here saturday night.

i'm leaving here tomorrow morning and staying through saturday morning. lots of time at the show. so i'll have pics from that. then saturday afternoon, i'm going to a z show that is supposed to be really good. so watch this thread for plenty of super sweet pictures saturday night!
Old 05-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Pr0n Addict

just got back from carlisle! we decided to skip the z show and stay there it was so fun.
so here are the pictures and the story:

to start, let's get a feel of Pennsylvania. this is the only place i've seen these beauties. i eat a lot of ketchup when i'm here:

here's a pretty good shot of the showgrounds. it's impossible to get it all. on the other side of the hill were the venders. about 3 achres of tents packed with used import car parts and other things. tons of great stuff

nextly, here are my favorites:
yes, all time favorite, the GTM.

the frame:

the stealth/3kgt turn out. meh

a tr-8 (little tiny v-8 car) beside a stunning tr-6, the owner of which is in the same club as my dad

i seem to remember there being some pantera haters on here... well in yo face! these were amazing. the orange one had every engine part chromed. they were owned by the same person

an f-ing triumph bicylce! who knew?

a sprite. for those of you who don't know, this is the older model of the midget that i sold to get the Z. vastly under powered, yet irresistable.

Last edited by KasbeKZ; 05-16-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Pr0n Addict

a few more midgets and sprites. the one closest is actually the one that first made me look twice at midgets. if not for it, i may not be quite where i am with my passion of cars.

a perfect 20th anneversary lotus. i believe the model was in ?pretty in red?

love the daytonas. if i could have two cars in my garage, they would be a Z32 and an FFR daytona coupe

the goodies i was able to pick up in the vendors. i really struck gold in there. at least i think so. i got a back issue of grassroots that has a page on the Z32 in it's article of affordable super cars. FREE. i got the april 1991 issue of road and track with the SMZ on the cover and a great article on it for $1. i got the march 1989 issue of road and track with the article of the Z32 seemingly before you could even get one in the states! i'm not quite sure when you could but i think it was '90. i also got a seemingly original sales flier for the Z32 with a huge picture on the back and a lot of features listed and explained. $4.

and now i guess i'd better get to the z's. there were a few scattered about. i talked to a few owners. my brake problems stopped me from taking mine. there were two that stuck out. one was this 1990 n/a that was absolutely flawless with 70k on the clock. couldn't find any signs of a repaint.

a few not so notable examples:

quite the stranger here... didn't run and they wanted $2k. they'd have to pay me

a wonderful example of an s30 turbo

this was a stunning engine bay.

and another response...
Old 05-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Pr0n Addict

the majority of the z's present on friday:

this was a sweet race car. i brought the camera/phone down to quickly and it's blurry

not sure what to say here. nice car

and now for the best. this car had 17k on it. it's been owned by one family since it was bought. i looked and looked for imperfections and could only find one little tiny dent that may have been caused by another car door or something. that is the one and only imperfection i could see.

the only thing i didn't like about it (aside from the whole s130 thing) is that the tires were way too shined up

well that concludes my pictures. i don't have a picture of the chiltons manual i got. it covers import cars from 1989 to 1993. thicker than a dictionary and it doesn't have a single finger print in it. it's 10x better than a haynes. guess how much... $5!!!! amazing find.
there was an auto-x that not many people participated in going on across a hill. i went to check it out for a minute and the only two cars running at the time were a new saturn 4-door and a sweet lotus elise. SO F-ING LOUD! that elise was just stunningly loud. it was like your usual sport bike x 2. i was shocked. the driver wouldn't really push it through the turns, but he did bounce it off the rev limiter a few times.

Last edited by KasbeKZ; 05-16-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:15 AM
Pr0n Addict

ok someone needs to comment on this. that took a long time to put together!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:25 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Great job on the pics man. This is the first time I came across this thread. I haven't been on this site in over a week or so. Anyway some really sweet cars you snapped photos of.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:33 AM
Pr0n Addict

thanks man! good to hear from you
Old 05-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Über User

meh.... only thing that was nice were the daytona's (such expensive yet fast cars) some of the Z's and the GTM, which i think i would rather build an ultima GTR
Old 05-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Pr0n Addict

the daytonas are not that expensive. you can finish a FFR for 50k or so.

and GTM's have almost the same potential as the ultima and cost WAY less. i was pretty surprised to see how really expensive the ultimas were. i would just get an original car for that much. not a kit.

seriously nothing else you liked? it sure is hard to impress you. again, i only took pictures of what stood out the most to me. there were a **** ton of nice cars there.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:43 AM
Über User

original daytona's are VERY expensive, im talking the original race cars that whoop'ed ferraris ***, not the kit cars. and im just a big fan of the ultima, the GTM is sweet for sure, but the ultima imho has a bit more potential and some alluring awesome-ness to it.

but yes, ive seen alot, so im pretty hard to impress...
Old 05-20-2009, 05:24 AM
Pr0n Addict

yeah the ultima is pretty sweet, just not sweet enough to deserve the price difference.

ffr website says there are only 6 original daytonas... i don't even consider them to be the topic of conversation when someone says daytona. i just assume kit car lol