Other Cars Discuss any info on other vehicles in here.

V6 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 06:29 AM

V6 Mustang

I know I'm going to get flamed but you've got to admit this is sexy...
I was going to do this until I started falling for Z cars.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:19 AM

Hey, the forum is "other cars" so who cares that its a mustang . That is beautiful though.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:04 AM
confuzed member

That might acutally be a mustang instead of the usual...a muffstain.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:12 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by emo236
That might acutally be a mustang instead of the usual...a muffstain.
haha, beat me to it. yeah, that might actually be some competition for my z32. i chuckle every time a single pipe stang revs at me. some 18 year old kid in one of my classes had one with a stillen body kit, claimed it was a supercharged GT, but "my supercharger is broken". hahaha, apparently so was one of his tail pipes.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:34 PM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by entropy31
haha, beat me to it. yeah, that might actually be some competition for my z32. i chuckle every time a single pipe stang revs at me. some 18 year old kid in one of my classes had one with a stillen body kit, claimed it was a supercharged GT, but "my supercharger is broken". hahaha, apparently so was one of his tail pipes.
I've seen v6's with dual exhaust as well. Even GT's aren't fast in stock form...civics are always beating up on them....says something. long live Z32! haha.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:38 PM

There is a guy on the v6 stang forum running a stock block (internals and all), with a TT similar to the one in the picture. He is running 10.49 in the 1/4 mile, through a Ford slowmatic. I think its the MASSIVE intercooler that helps keep that engine alive. Anyhow, I'm not much into drag raceing, I just like the look of the turbos curling around the engine like that. Lots of room in that engine bay. I just wished they'd handle better stock. My slow 6 still puts a smile on my face everytime I get in it. Even after I get a Z car (anyone have a nice one for sale) I'm still going to keep my Mustang.

Last edited by Slow6stang; 02-19-2006 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:17 AM

ehh! Whatever get's you goin' I guess. Can it corner????
Old 02-20-2006, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by jaffi
ehh! Whatever get's you goin' I guess. Can it corner????
Alot better then stock. I can drift pretty well in it too. The only thing limiting me in cornering now is, its to heavy for the sidewalls (16"rims) and they start to roll alittle but for what I have done to it, its pretty neutral. The V6 engine sits pretty far back in the engine bay, behind the front wheels.
This is my mod list:
Ebay CAI (doesn't do crap), Steeda sport springs (1.5" drop), Steeda rear sway bar, Stangsuspension 4 bolt C&C plates, Tokico shocks/struts, Tri-ax shifter, Steeda firewall adjuster, clutch Quadrent, adjustable Cable and clutch pedal stop, Ram Clutch, Ford T-lock (LSD), 1" Eibach wheel spacers (rear end), Shorter front sway bar end links, Cheap Summit battery relocation kit (trunk mount). I can drift pretty well in it, but its still alittle on the heavy side to really throw around, but I try.
I installed everything myself except the clutch.
I recently took the 'MUSTANG' off the door, came stock with fender horse, spoiler and side strips.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:36 AM

Hey the new Mustang is seeing a lot of success in drifting. As is the Pontiac GTO. In fact, american cars are pretty much dominating the upper ranks of drifting herein the states. Sure they're not stock, but then neither are the japanese cars
Old 02-20-2006, 12:20 PM

thats only because i havent started drifting yet haha i wish
Old 02-20-2006, 03:15 PM

THe thing that aggravates me the most about Mustangs is the no matter how far or hard you pull the e-brake, the rear wheels NEVER lock up. I have tryed it at 5mph through 75mph and all it does is START to slow me down. I put new rotors and pads (stock replacement) and still nothing. Thats pulling it ALL the way till it hits the stop bolt. Pathetic. MAYBE if I put HUGE slotted discs and performance pads back there, but I should have to for that. Ken Gushi's 05 has had a fully customized hydrolic e-brake system put it to achieve it.
I have to do alittle flick to get the rear out, so its not TOO bad.

In stock form, can Z cars lock the rear up? I'm guessing they can. Heck my friends 1985 BMW 325 can lock them up at any speed.

Last edited by Slow6stang; 02-20-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Doesn't post much...

Dude, Your mustang must be pretty fast... I was just looking at the picture and realized your car has the "Yakuza" behind it...

Rod.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Opinionated

engine looks small to me?

Looks nice though
Old 02-20-2006, 08:32 PM

My 82 will lock up the rears. But the 81 wont. I had to loosen the cable cause one of my brakes was dragging. Once I fixed the brake I never got around to readjusting the ebrake. As far as why yours doesn't lock up: sounds like it wasnt adjusted properly. I'm not familiar with the set up on those stangs but it may just need adjusting.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
My 82 will lock up the rears. But the 81 wont. I had to loosen the cable cause one of my brakes was dragging. Once I fixed the brake I never got around to readjusting the ebrake. As far as why yours doesn't lock up: sounds like it wasnt adjusted properly. I'm not familiar with the set up on those stangs but it may just need adjusting.
There are a few threads on E-brake on the stang site and not one person is able to lock them up. The excuse is, 'well they have to stop the axle shafts, carrier, driveshaft and tranny', (duh). So do all the other RWD cars. When I have time I'm going to take the center console out and adjust it, just to see what happens. It works great for parking, it can be on a BIG incline and pull it up half way and the car won't move all night. Yet another reason to go import RWD.

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Dude, Your mustang must be pretty fast... I was just looking at the picture and realized your car has the "Yakuza" behind it...

Rod.
Hella fast yo!!! (silly face here)
I can pull on my friends HEMI from a dig and roll. Ofcourse its a 5800 lbs Ram 1500 Quad cab 4X4 with a long box. The slowest vehicle with a HEMI. They are rated 345HP 375ftlbs, and are said to run high 15s, low 16s. I guess its not really that I PULL on him, he is still at my rear bumper at 90mph.
What is that place anyway (Yakuza)? They are opening in a few months and it says on the door they already have a liqiur license. I live right next to them.

Originally Posted by 86zMan
engine looks small to me?

Looks nice though
They do look small, but then again a V10 has been put into these engine bays. Take the radiator out and I could stand in the engine bay and work on it. Helps alot with cornering being that small and that far back.

My car specs are:
3.8l pushrod (slow revving) putting out 190hp (5250rpm) and 225tq (2750rpm), it wieghs ~3025lbs, 5spd, no ABS and no traction control.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Slow6stang
There are a few threads on E-brake on the stang site and not one person is able to lock them up. The excuse is, 'well they have to stop the axle shafts, carrier, driveshaft and tranny', (duh). So do all the other RWD cars. When I have time I'm going to take the center console out and adjust it, just to see what happens. It works great for parking, it can be on a BIG incline and pull it up half way and the car won't move all night. Yet another reason to go import RWD.
Hmm... could just be cheesy brakes in the rear. Are they drum or disc on the V6? I can't tell from that pic. It could just be a poorly designed system or maybe Ford intended it to be that way
Old 02-21-2006, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
Hmm... could just be cheesy brakes in the rear. Are they drum or disc on the V6? I can't tell from that pic. It could just be a poorly designed system or maybe Ford intended it to be that way
Discs all round. Exact same brakes as the GT of the same year (99-04). Two piston in the front and one in the back.

These are the front
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/118/1249/7549.jpg

These are the rear with spacers
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/118/1249/8800.jpg

I'll just have to wait til I get that Z car.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by Slow6stang
What is that place anyway (Yakuza)? They are opening in a few months and it says on the door they already have a liqiur license. I live right next to them.

Yakuza = Japanese MAFIA... Ninja's with a bad attitude.

Rod.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Yakuza = Japanese MAFIA... Ninja's with a bad attitude.

Rod.
Cool. I just talk to someone living in our biulding and she said its going to be a sushi bar!!! yay!!