For Sale (VIEW ALL) An online swap meet for sale of individual items. NO UNPAID ADVERTISING ALLOWED

76 280z

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 10:03 PM

76 280z

Located in Monterey, CA

Considering selling...things have changed quickly (just got the car this month) need to buy another dependable car for the wife and the Z just seems like it will take too much time and effort for me right now. Mechanics in this area are crazy expensive. Also helping out a friend with buying a car for him (he's paying, but paperwork says mine, cause he can't get a loan) and putting him on my insurance....

I picked it up and drove it 5 hours from LA with no problems.

So far have changed oil, filter, fuel filter and the Air Flow Meter.

Right side door has minor scrape, and dings, rear quarter has the most issues. Appeears to have been hit at one point and bondo, rust along the fender well. Passenger floor pan (outside) has rust eating at it. Not through yet though....if that makes a difference.

Engine seems solid, but with the new AFM it seems I have a EFI problem (thinking fuel pump and a tune up would fix it)

Paid $1225 for the car and $325 for the AFM ($80 core not yet picked up)

Would like to break even if I am going to sell it (will be loosing on the transportation costs and trip to LA and back, but oh well.)

Would really like to keep the Z but I just don't think I can do her right.

If anyone is interested please let me know. E-mail at tuellma@hotmail.com
Old 06-06-2004, 06:42 PM

Still here

Originally Posted by JROC15
hey i was wondering if you still had this car for sale im very interested and it sounds to be exactly what i want!please leave a message soon!
Car's still here, but it's OOC right now. Think the fuel pump died on it while I was poking around looking at the fuel lines.

I am trying to get a working used pump so I can try and swap it out. If you are local you are more than welcome to swing by and check it out.

Let me know.