For Sale (VIEW ALL) An online swap meet for sale of individual items. NO UNPAID ADVERTISING ALLOWED

Many 240Z Parts For Sale!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 06:37 PM

Exclamation Many 240Z Parts For Sale!!

Please see the list of parts available for sale here.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:18 AM

Need some stuff

Hi Tx Z

How's it been going?

I was able to crank up my z using starting fluid, but when I dropped my gas tank, it was plugged up.

so, I'm looking for a good gas tank (not too rusty inside). Needs to be leak free and open (need to be able to get gas out of it). This seems to be the downfall of a lot of the older z tanks (they get plugged up).

I also need the break line that runs from the break light switch (below the master cylinder) all the way around the engine compartment to the passenger side front break.

Do you have these? If so how much are you asking? These need to fit a 70 model 240.

How's your project going? I finally got a dig camera, so I can send you some pics of where I'm at on mine.

Talk to you later

MP
Old 05-11-2004, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by ZChief
Hi Tx Z

How's it been going?

I was able to crank up my z using starting fluid, but when I dropped my gas tank, it was plugged up.

so, I'm looking for a good gas tank (not too rusty inside). Needs to be leak free and open (need to be able to get gas out of it). This seems to be the downfall of a lot of the older z tanks (they get plugged up).

I also need the break line that runs from the break light switch (below the master cylinder) all the way around the engine compartment to the passenger side front break.

Do you have these? If so how much are you asking? These need to fit a 70 model 240.

How's your project going? I finally got a dig camera, so I can send you some pics of where I'm at on mine.

Talk to you later

MP
The fuel tank is gone a few months ago but I do still have the brake line you are asking about. I forgot where you are, aren't you in Texas? I was looking at this item and due to the shape the size box it would have to go in for shipping would push up the shipping cost I think...so if you're able to pick it up it would probably be a cheaper. Just let me know what you want to do.

My project hasn't moved along too much, I have the engine ready to go to the machine shop.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:28 PM

reply to your reply

Darn on the gas tank. The last one I found has a couple pin holes in it. I've been told that they make an epoxy that you pour into the tank after you clean it out. The epoxy dries and the tank is as good as new. I've read up about it and have had people who have used it tell me good things about it, so I think I'll give it a try.

Regarding the brake line, I can get a new one for about 40 bucks, but I'll be up in your neck of the woods in June, so if you still have it and I don't have a new one yet and if you can beat 40 bucks, I'll come pick it up and meet you (I'm in SW Houston - Sugar Land). If you figure out a cheap way to mail it (fed ex it or something, let me know).

I need a bunch of other stuff, but I'm not going to start any other projects until I get the tank in and the motor running / tuned. Then come breaks and back suspension. Then body and interior last. I saw your list, so if I need anything else, I'll let you know.

Talk to you later

MP

Originally Posted by texasz
The fuel tank is gone a few months ago but I do still have the brake line you are asking about. I forgot where you are, aren't you in Texas? I was looking at this item and due to the shape the size box it would have to go in for shipping would push up the shipping cost I think...so if you're able to pick it up it would probably be a cheaper. Just let me know what you want to do.

My project hasn't moved along too much, I have the engine ready to go to the machine shop.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ZChief
Darn on the gas tank. The last one I found has a couple pin holes in it. I've been told that they make an epoxy that you pour into the tank after you clean it out. The epoxy dries and the tank is as good as new. I've read up about it and have had people who have used it tell me good things about it, so I think I'll give it a try.

Regarding the brake line, I can get a new one for about 40 bucks, but I'll be up in your neck of the woods in June, so if you still have it and I don't have a new one yet and if you can beat 40 bucks, I'll come pick it up and meet you (I'm in SW Houston - Sugar Land). If you figure out a cheap way to mail it (fed ex it or something, let me know).

I need a bunch of other stuff, but I'm not going to start any other projects until I get the tank in and the motor running / tuned. Then come breaks and back suspension. Then body and interior last. I saw your list, so if I need anything else, I'll let you know.

Talk to you later

MP
Living in Houston you should check out Gas Tank Renu (it may be Fuel Tank Renu). I believe that they have a Houston location and they'll do the work for you and it will look brand new. Either way you go I have read a few posts from people who have had one small problem. Inside the tank there's a baffle which has a couple small holes in it for fuel to drain back and forth from side to side...these holes are small enough to where these products (even if you pay someone like Gas Tank Renu to do it) will seal/clog these holes. The solution is to make these holes larger BEFORE the interior sealant is applied...I think I remember reading that a 1/2" drill bit was enough. However, you must be very careful not to drill through the tank itself otherwise you then have to get that hole you just made patched also. For these reasons as well as the fact that I know it will also carry a warranty I'm going to have Fuel Tank Renu do mine when I am ready for that part of the project.

I know Sugar Land...been there a few times to eat; I had a friend who lived in Katy until last month when he moved to NC. If you will really come get it next month I'll pull it and hold it for you. I have posted a pic to make sure I pull the right one and all of what you need for it, please take a look on my site and let me know if the one you need is the one with the green arrow or the blue arrow...or both.

As for your other parts...I'm not planning on having this car more than a couple more weeks (key word here is planning). I need to finish selling what I can and get rid of the chassis to make room for me next Z. Just keep this in mind when thinking about getting a part later...the car and the part may be gone by then.