For Sale (VIEW ALL) An online swap meet for sale of individual items. NO UNPAID ADVERTISING ALLOWED

FOR SALE: 1972 240Z Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 07:18 PM

FOR SALE: 1972 240Z Project

1972 Datsun 240Z For Sale:

Photos can been seen at photobucket here:
Datsun 240Z pictures by agrajag67 - Photobucket

My intention with this project was essentially a rest-o-rod. There are no chassis modifications or suspension pickup point changes. We removed the side marker lights and a few other bits to clean up the lines of the car but that is it as far as changes to the base chassis. The intention was for it to be a relatively comfortable hot rod on the street with some track capabilities. Life changes have led me to sell my project. It has been stored in a shed for the last ten years under a cover. It will need some TLC but has the potential to be something special.

Body:
California car its entire life. There is virtually no rust on this car other than some surface rust in the bottom of the seat wells. All bodywork is done. All materials were top quality Glassurit, including primer and paint. The paint will need to be blocked down again and a new top coat applied. There was a weird chemical reaction when I sprayed it (first time using the 22 line, I shot 21 line for years with no problems) and the beautiful Jaguar deep green color started to get these milky swirls throughout. I nearly cried. Soon thereafter my life took a few turns and the project sat on hold. Fiberglass front air damn is new and painted.

Engine:
Engine built and blueprinted by Top-End Performance in North Hollywood, California. The intention with the Engine was to start with a naturally aspirated engine breathing through carburetors to have some fun with while building the rest of the car (interior, suspension tuning, etc.). Once everything else was done we were going to go back to the engine and build up a turbo L28. Therefore, the block is a L28 bored .40 over with flat top pistons (approx. 10/1 compression). The rods have been sized and prepped etc. The cylinder head is from a turbo 280zx and is mildly ported (with turbo response in mind) with medium/large valves and turbo cam. All thinking was toward a turbo engine so all we had to do was change out the pistons and re-install the head and off we go with a turbo motor. In order to do track days it was built with a genuine Nismo gated oil pan (very nice piece). Included with the car is the intake manifold for triple side draft carbs or throttle bodies and three Weber 40 DCOE carbs with all the jets etc. Electronic 280ZX distributor with Bosch red coil.

Engine Bay:
Thick, high quality, oval tube aluminum racing radiator. Plenty of cooling here. Setrab oil cooler. Includes water and oil breather/catch tanks as required by all rules when you go out on the track. All oil lines are braided stainless steel with Earl's AN fittings. All body seams in engine bay are welded. Headers have thermal wrap on them.

Suspension:
Currently all bushings are Energy Suspension Urethane. It has Suspension Techniques springs and anti-roll bars. It has Koni gas-adjust dampers.

Brakes:
There never has been any fluid in the all new system.
Master Cylinder: 280ZX
Brake Lines: all hard lines are custom hand-bent (yes, with the proper tooling) stainless steel and all hoses are Teflon with stainless steel braided outer. All fittings are stainless steel AN fittings.
Front: Willwood 4 piston calipers with vented rotors/aluminum hats (new)
Rear: Willwood 2 piston calipers with solid rotors/aluminum hats (new)

Interior:
Not much interior to speak of. You can evaluate on your own from the photos. I had no intention of using any of the original interior and because most of it was damaged I pitched it years ago. The dash has a half-cap on it. It will need some attention.

Trim: All window trim and badges seem to be there, but again, I had no intention of using most of it. Bumpers are included and in good shape. I intended on filling and re- chroming them. I have a set of the amber tail lights and other various lighting bits and pieces as well. See the photos of all the stuff for a better idea as to what comes with.

I expect there to be several questions so please feel free to ask. The best way to reach me is by email at:

Car is located in West Los Angeles

Asking price $5000 OBO

Andrew Henderson
doctorsarcasmo (at) yahoo (dot) com