Vegas 350Z Club Where its all about Sin City and the 350Z..

AC Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 06:44 PM

AC Problem

So I went to Planet Nissan for a clutch/ AC problem and left with neither issue resolved. The thing that pisses me off the most is that the guy at Planet Nissan told me that his guys "checked out" the AC and found that it was operating correctly with no problem. The one problem behind this B.S. statement is that it was, and still is, blowing out either warm or hot air, which very noticable now that its heating up.

My question: Does anybody know about some recharging bottle that can be bought from Autozone. I was told about this from a friend but haven't checked into it- mainly becuase I don't know where to port is on the car. If this will work than I just need help finding where do actually charge the system (I think I know where the port is but if someone knows for sure that would be helpful).

Also, if the above method does not work does anybody know a good AC recharging place in Vegas- prefereably around the Summerlin area or not to far from it- thats not to expensive.

All the help is appreciated and if anyone knows how to fix noisy clicking clutch pedals I would appreciate that help too.

-Ray
Old 04-08-2007, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by ra2289
So I went to Planet Nissan for a clutch/ AC problem and left with neither issue resolved. The thing that pisses me off the most is that the guy at Planet Nissan told me that his guys "checked out" the AC and found that it was operating correctly with no problem. The one problem behind this B.S. statement is that it was, and still is, blowing out either warm or hot air, which very noticable now that its heating up.

My question: Does anybody know about some recharging bottle that can be bought from Autozone. I was told about this from a friend but haven't checked into it- mainly becuase I don't know where to port is on the car. If this will work than I just need help finding where do actually charge the system (I think I know where the port is but if someone knows for sure that would be helpful).

Also, if the above method does not work does anybody know a good AC recharging place in Vegas- prefereably around the Summerlin area or not to far from it- thats not to expensive.
Just go to a different dealer. If you want to charge it yourself, I know how to do it. Problem is that you can overfill it with the quick-fill bottles. You really should use a manifold when filling it. I don't have one.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:47 AM

I have the clicking/popping clutch pedal as well. I posted it on My350Z to see if anyone else was having this problem. I also had to add two quarts of oil to my brand new car. And I'm only at 2100 miles.
Yeah I'll have to look into your post on my350.

Originally Posted by i8acobra
Just go to a different dealer. If you want to charge it yourself, I know how to do it. Problem is that you can overfill it with the quick-fill bottles. You really should use a manifold when filling it. I don't have one.
What is a manifold and where do you buy one? If its expensive than I will prob. just take it somewhere to get it charged. I don't want to go to a diff. dealership because I don't want to waste another entire day just fo them to B.S. me again. Plus, I thought Planet Nissan was supposed to be the best dealership out here. I will prob. have to go to a diff. one so they can fix the seal on my driver's side window- Planet saw fit to not fix that either.

Where abouts to you live if you were to help me i8acobra?
Old 04-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
do not independent service garages support the warranty of new cars????? i thought thast was the case--at least it was last time i bought a NEW CAR----oops---find a nice Z specialty shop so you can have the warranty work done on schedule and by someone who is not from the stealership?????????good luck boyZZZZ.........
Old 04-08-2007, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by ra2289
What is a manifold and where do you buy one? If its expensive than I will prob. just take it somewhere to get it charged. I don't want to go to a diff. dealership because I don't want to waste another entire day just fo them to B.S. me again. Plus, I thought Planet Nissan was supposed to be the best dealership out here. I will prob. have to go to a diff. one so they can fix the seal on my driver's side window- Planet saw fit to not fix that either.

Where abouts to you live if you were to help me i8acobra?
You can get a manifold at any car parts store. The prices are all over the place. They have cheap ones and expensive ones. I live in GV.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:15 PM

Just need to know where exactly the port it to fill the A/C. I think I have it but want to be sure. Can somebody steer me in the right direction?
Old 04-15-2007, 04:19 PM

Do it at the Tech Session next Saturday?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:01 PM

I guess that's possible, once a day, time and location are finalized.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:31 AM

Ive got a bottle of R-134a here at my house if you need it.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by 702Fairlady
Ive got a bottle of R-134a here at my house if you need it.
Thanks man...I just went and picked up one the other day, just don't know where to put the damn stuff, lol.