Vegas 350Z Club Where its all about Sin City and the 350Z..

Anyone use Jiffy Lube?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 10:10 AM

Anyone use Jiffy Lube?

If so, you may want to stop.

http://www.nbc4.tv/video/9152183/detail.html
Old 05-05-2006, 10:23 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by roneski

Damn... vid isn't playin for me. You have a link to the text story? From the vid title, it sounds like they're dishonest... Doesn't everybody know that? I do my own oil changes, but anytime I take somebody else's car to get an oil change, I wear my Nissan mechanic uniform & they don't ask me to buy anything... otherwise they'd be saying "YOUR CAR IS GOING TO BLOW UP UNLESS YOU CHANGE YOUR AIR FILTER. WE CAN CHANGE IT FOR $39.95."
Old 05-05-2006, 10:23 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i took my z31 there once, because i had nowhere that i could do an oil change. i told them to do the oil ONLY. dont look at or touch my other fluids or ANYTHING else. well, they didnt listen, and they forgot to tighten my radiator cap. get down the freeway a little bit and all my coolant starts boiling away. luckily i caught the temp guage in time, and pulled over. had to wait for the car to cool down before i put more fluid in, and that made me late for something i had to be at. couldnt go yell at them the next day because my ship went out for a few weeks, but have never let anyone else touch my cars after that.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:31 AM
I'm a Registered User!

I always do my own oil changes but I know the feeling of hating to ahve someone else work on your car, even for the tiniest things.

Getting new tires @ sams - they stripped 2 of my lug nuts
Went to go get the new tires aligned - even though I asked them not to, they went and "checked everything" and came back and told me it would cost $500!!! I ended up leaving and aligning the wheels myself but still wtf mate?

they were even inside my car snooping around! checking my vin and everything, it's probably something legal for them but I'm not exactly down with it...

sorry got off topic but it rattles me when people go "above and beyond" when you only want one thing done and done right

Last edited by SpeciallySpiked; 05-05-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:31 AM

Basically the vids catches them on video charging for services that they never bother to provide. The best part is the district manager who denies that he's the district manager and pretends to be a customer on camera.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Las Vegas Moderator

Originally Posted by roneski
Basically the vids catches them on video charging for services that they never bother to provide. The best part is the district manager who denies that he's the district manager and pretends to be a customer on camera.
LOL, thats funny.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:02 AM

i go to the one by my house - i know the guys and watch them the whole time - and bring my own oil. also, go when it's not too busy, like a weekday morning, if possible.
the manager of this store is also the main guy in the pit, which is good.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:36 AM

I do not trust those "quick" lube shops. I always change the oil myself. When I was a teenager, my buddy got a job at a jiffylube, he intentionally left the drain plug out of a brand new 92 Eclipse just to see what would happen. Well the inevitable happened, he got fired, but he did not give two ***** about it.

also, all it takes is for them to misthread your drain plug and you could have a potential disaster on your hands, at the least a new oil pan.

Last edited by Love2ridepow; 05-05-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Love2ridepow
I do not trust those "quick" lube shops. I always change the oil myself. When I was a teenager, my buddy got a job at a jiffylube, he intentionally left the drain plug out of a brand new 92 Eclipse just to see what would happen. Well the inevitable happened, he got fired, but he did not give two ***** about it.

also, all it takes is for them to misthread your drain plug and you could have a potential disaster on your hands, at the least a new oil pan.

+1 Do your own oil. Once Terrible Herbst misthreaded my drain plug, luckily it was my work truck, not my Z.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:01 PM

You know what's funny? I'd never have to deal with this **** back in Missouri, I've noticed this a few times out here in the Western U.S. What we have here are a bunch of lazy @$$ punks not wanting to do the work they are paid for and then they don't want to take responsibility for the end result.