Wanted (WTB / WTT) Need a part? Looking for a new car? Ask here! Please report all unsolicited e-mail as a result of posting here

WANTED- wheels for 280zx

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

WANTED- wheels for 280zx

im looking for some wheels, not oldschool ones. but maybe something used. something modern looking, but not heavey on the pocket for a set. and the bolt pattern doesnt help, it seems that its not very common. should i switch to a 5 lug? any help?
Old 10-07-2004, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by apollo
im looking for some wheels, not oldschool ones. but maybe something used. something modern looking, but not heavey on the pocket for a set. and the bolt pattern doesnt help, it seems that its not very common. should i switch to a 5 lug? any help?

look at some 240sx wheels, modern but still nissan and still stock looking. you'd be surpirsed at how much this can improve the look ofa Z.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:23 AM
User Friendly

DO NOT BUY FROM Mike Smith!!! He's a scammer ... which has been proven on 3ZC.com, one of the websites that I moderate. Just an FYI!
Old 10-31-2004, 06:52 PM

Wow!!! This Mike Smith guy must be a real POS. Looks like you pulled up just about every one of his posts. He shows up as a guest>>>>why? I thought you had to register in order to post. Why don't the admins just ban him?
Old 11-01-2004, 06:07 AM
User Friendly

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
Why don't the admins just ban him?
It appears that they have, cuz his profile is no longer viewable.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:10 AM
Loves Going Topless

Reference:
http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread.php?t=41614

This guy uses so many names the Mods can't keep up with him.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:40 PM

What has Mike Smith done to you

I personally know him and have purchased parts from him.
I read them before i bought parts from him how can you call him anything but an honest seller. Of course you can not please everyone
there is always someone out there that feels they were taken. If that is the case, Tell us how, don't just bad mounth someone with nothing to back it up with.
Check out the reviews people have given him on WWW.z31.com
zbay
Review for "Mike Smith"
Number of Reviews: 25

Mike at Bear Paint and Body located in Fort Walton Beach, Florida provided me with fast prompt service. I would recommend him as a parts supplier to other zcar owners. Thanks Mike for the KILLER set of wheels.
John Patterson on Saturday, June 21, 2003 at 18:35:48
Great Honest Guy! Shipping was quick and product arrived in great shape and exactly as described.
Would highly recommend to anyone!
Bill Beattie (bebes2k) on Sunday, June 22, 2003 at 16:41:02

Used Mike Smiths service several times (JNissian300zx@aol.com)Service is prompt (2 working days) to N.C. Prices are great, products are in top notch shape. Would recommend him to all my Z friends in N.C. and on the web for the hard to find parts.
Ronny McLeod (Zmack) on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 04:31:43

Bought a 300ZX climate control unit from Mike, and after a temporary misunderstaning on MY part, the part worked fine; and Mike was very helpful in clearing up my misunderstanding. He has even responded to subsequent questions, providing information on repairing these parts. All in all a good part and a good transaction..!!!
David Hurst (davidhurst) on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 09:10:12

I bought a few parts from Mike Smith (Jnissan300zx@aol.com ) for my 1978 280Z and all the parts were exactly as he said they were. He shipped Fedex and I got the parts quickly. Not a bad price either. Would do business with Mike Smith again.
Russell Pate on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 11:12:08

Fast and friendly service. Quick shipping...parts delivered as promised! Thanks again!
Jon Hanson (Pimpin300ZX) on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 08:18:11

Purchased a z door shell for $150. No rust, however, the door was repaired and in need of further repairs. Communication before sale indicated no rust or dents. Repairs were made to hinge area and further repairs are needed to bottom of door. The bottom of the door at both ends are bend inward.
(Grade C)
jim staloski (jmms) on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 15:19:10

Great interaction,and parts were as promised and delivered quickly
scott schap on Friday, June 27, 2003 at 16:55:04

Was a big help trying to help me find parts for my Z. Would call him for all my needs!
Wendy Reed (wendyt) on Monday, June 30, 2003 at 11:05:57

I recently ordered a window regulator for my 1976 280Z from Mike Smith. I had looked into a couple of different sellers and Mike had the best price by far. When the regulator came all the mechanics at the shop I use commented on how good the condition was. They were very impressed. Unfortunately, Mike had sent the wrong side but he immediately made up for it in a way that means to me he puts his customers first. I will be looking to Mike for all my 280Z parts.
Mike Alford on Tuesday, July 1, 2003 at 10:31:32

My classified ad for a center wheel hub cover was answered within an hour. Following which I placed an order, paid by Pay Pal, and the part was received at my address in Canada in excellent condition within a week and a half. I would gladly do business with Mike Smith again in the future.
Robert B. Taylor (Robert Taylor) on Friday, July 4, 2003 at 14:49:09

Extremely honest and reliable...Fast shipping & quality parts...
Kim Doyle on Sunday, July 13, 2003 at 11:45:01

I bought a harmonic balancer from Mike and it arrived fast and in great condition. Email communication was excellent. A very smooth transaction. Thanks Mike!
Neil Borucki (Neil86T) on Saturday, July 19, 2003 at 13:12:05

Ill do business with this guy anyday. Very fast and on point.
THANKX
Fred B on Monday, July 28, 2003 at 18:06:53

Fast shipment, awsome product, very responsive... A++++++
Mike Littleton (ZxZx) on Saturday, July 19, 2003 at 20:23:06

Mike supplied and sent me 280ZX door mirrors all the way to NewZealand(below Australia).The mirrors arrived in excelent condition and in very quick time.A highly recomended trader.Thanx Mike.A++++
Conrad Jonas (Sabbath80zx(zcar.com)) on Saturday, September 13, 2003 at 00:16:29

Purchased a few things from Mike. Easy to get ahold of via phone. Items were not as good as I expected but then again they are junkyard parts. He ships items very fast. Honest seller.
Tom Molyneaux (TomZZZ) on Sunday, October 19, 2003 at 06:07:02

Mike Smith did a great job shipping the parts to me. His email communication was excellent. This is the second time I have done business with him and I hope to continue it! Thanks! A++++++
Neil Borucki (Neil86T) on Tuesday, December 2, 2003 at 20:03:00

is a pleasure to write to Mike about a zx part and receive the answer "positive", he got all the parts and in perfect conditions and his mailing sevice is #1 i will keep buying from him,he got fair prices and is very reliable.
art sands alvarado on Monday, December 29, 2003 at 07:42:11

Two days ago I visited Mike and bought an 86 rear hatch for my car. Mike had assured me over the phone that he had what I needed and its condition. When I got there, he let me choose what parts of different 1986 hatches I wanted. I didn't have to choose 1 hatch as it sat. When he removed the hatch for me, he really went the extra mile when he traced the entire wire from the rear defroster all the way to the radio. He had to remove the seat, radio, and some molding around the door sill to get all of the wire. He was patient and showed me where all the connectors were located and tips on how to reinstall the hatch on my car. I learned a lot about my 300ZX even though I have had it for 6 years and done a lot of engine work on it.
Mike is very professional, trustworthy, and is a great resource for 300ZX parts. He had many Z's at his shop and another shop. He probably has the part you need and will tell you if he doesn't have it. He is a straight-shooter.

Thanks again Mike,

Mark
Mark Winkler (mw) on Sunday, January 18, 2004 at 20:33:59

Bear paint and body proved to me to be an honest vender for z guys. feel safe in doing business with them
kyle ellis (honda hater) on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 07:00:05

Very nice transaction. Mike(jnissan300zx@aol.com) tries his hardest to make sure customers are satified.
Even great Z32 parts!!
Tyler Ransdell (tyler91tt ) on Friday, January 30, 2004 at 11:05:31

Fender looks good, as described. These body parts are becoming very hard to find used these days. Recommended seller.
Perry Saunders on Friday, June 25, 2004 at 02:47:35

Nice guy, but he just can't get a thing straight. He is always vague, making excuses as to why the items weren't shipped, and never on his word that he will get back to you when he says he will. I waited a month before he even sent the item out, and almost another month trying to track down where the box was. Never did he give me a tracking number in the 5-6 times I contacted him, despire the number of times I asked for it. He was backing up his argument as to why my items were lost by saying other items he shipped out were getting lost too! Do you want your items to be lost too? I warn you, do not deal with Bear Paint and Body.
Ronnie Schmidt ( zxinfinity@yahoo.com ) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 at 10:50:25

I recently purchased a hatch assembly from him for my 86 and recienced it in 1 weeks time I was very pleased and will use him again
Denny Phinney ( 86ZnCT ) on Saturday, September 11, 2004 at 08:42:53
Old 11-05-2004, 04:45 PM

John,
You should know him , since you just started to post using his email addy.
You aren't the brightest guy :doh:

I am checking into your past posts and it seems you only post to sell stuff.
Expect to be banned here soon.

Also I am surprised someone doesn't check with the Florida State Attorney
Generals office to see if they have any legal notices filed against them.

Mike
Old 11-05-2004, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Spudz
John,
You should know him , since you just started to post using his email addy.
You aren't the brightest guy :doh:

I am checking into your past posts and it seems you only post to sell stuff.
Expect to be banned here soon.

Also I am surprised someone doesn't check with the Florida State Attorney
Generals office to see if they have any legal notices filed against them.

Mike
What is the point websight, I thought it was to sell parts to people who need them. If there is a problem with selling parts on your site, then let me know how do I go about it within your rules.
Why would someone check with the fl state attorney, about what?
And I guess it is ok for you to allow people to post false statements against someones good name.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:52 AM
Loves Going Topless

Thanks for staying up on this SpudZ. When I looked up John Patterson's profile there is nothing there, no personal info. I reference everyone back to my earlier post and the link to 3zc. Then all can make their own decisions on buying from the guy.